For those of you that read the last post, yes we did get that heat exchanger out of the basement. The husband tried to convince his wife to paint it and turn it into some sort of ornament but she wasn't having any of that, lol. Had to get some 1" plywood and build a ramp and get 4 guys to get this thing up the steps but we did it. Am now proud to say we are done with the job and I couldn't be happier!
Everything is a little more snug now that the beast is gone.
I turned the existing supply drop into a sled fitting for optimum airflow. All done out of my van. Takes some extra time but I feel it is well worth it to keep the static down. All radius fittings for me.
This water heater is the next to go. He is going to go with a Noritz tankless probably within the month, doesn't look like it should be too much trouble.