+ Reply to Thread

Thread: trane rtac questions

Post Likes

trane rtac questions

goodmorning boy's
    i accessed my chiller with the techview program, when i go into binding view i dont have a screen such as the one on page 68 of manual with faces and options mine only has the blue question circles down the right side of screen.
    also what is proper way to exit binding view screen,to enable chiller to restart. thanks , socorrobob

Post Likes
    I don't know what you mean by "blue question circles". Maybe you can take a screen shot by hitting the "print screen" button on your keyboard and posting it on here.

The correct way to exit binding view is by clicking on another tab like status view or setpoint view.

Post Likes
    I think what he is referring to is the screen that comes up when you don't put the chiller in local stop. Everytime you get into binding view it will ask if you want to stop chiller. If chiller is already off, but in auto it will put it in local stop. In other words chiller has to be in local stop to correctly access binding view. Don't forget to hit the auto button when done.

Post Likes

trane rtac comm problems

thanks for input guys, i should have said my screen is the same if you select "no" or select yes and go into auto stop, it will shutdown chiller ,but with same screen. when trying to exit i would lose communication. had to drop main power and restart.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by socorrobob View Post
    goodmorning boy's
    i accessed my chiller with the techview program, when i go into binding view i dont have a screen such as the one on page 68 of manual with faces and options mine only has the blue question circles down the right side of screen.
    also what is proper way to exit binding view screen,to enable chiller to restart. thanks , socorrobob
    Socorrobob, Does your screen look something like the attached screen shot? Without seeing your computer I am just guessing but could be a conflict with your screen resolution settings, check to see if you have scroll bars at the bottom or right hand side to navigate with or change your screen resolution to 1024 x 768 and see if it makes a difference. If not R123's suggection to do a screen shot is the best way forward.
    Necessity is the mother of invention

Post Likes

trane rtac comm problems

Screwit appreciate your effort.my bind screen only has list of devices on left side and box's with question marks on far right side. also the icons reconnect,rebuild view and so on are missing. i will adjust screen resolution tomorrow. thanks again.

Post Likes
    It sounds like you may be having issues with your serial connection to the chiller. Does your laptop have an onboard serial connection or are you using an adapter? Some adapters aren't compatible with TechView.

Post Likes

trane rtac comm problems

R123,I will ck this also this morning ,thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in