Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One For Robo

Changeout we did last week.

Old Furnace, Way oversized for home.

New GMV Goodman 2 Stage VS furnace.

Another pic.

Didnt quite get it done in one day, so no pics of lineset or condenser. Finished it the next including hooking up the humidifier.

[Edited by Christheheatingdude on 11-17-2005 at 09:05 PM]

good one

looks nice from here.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Looks nice except no sediment trap (drip leg) on gas line.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Robo will be tickled to see his product on the Wall of Pride instead of the Wall of Shame!

Originally posted by rayr
    Looks nice except no sediment trap (drip leg) on gas line.
    There is one, just cant see it from that pic.

Where did ya go with the by-pass on the humidifier?

And the drain on HUM?

Originally posted by 2hot2coolme
    Where did ya go with the by-pass on the humidifier?

And the drain on HUM?
    Before I slid the furnace in place, installed tbe bypass for the humidifier in the back of the return, and brought beshind furnace to clean things up.

I made provisions for the drain on the left side of the furnace. Sorry no pics of the finished project.

Nice install______________But_______Since you posted on the wall of pride, I must say your filter setup leaves a bit to be desired. I find this to be as easy to install and a much superior system as it provides better filtration, low resistance, and is much easier to service.

Filter is a 20x25x2 that sits at an angle is fully flashed and accesible through a 5" wide slot that is wide enough to reach in and get a hold of the filter for service.

I don't see where it leaves anything to be desired. It is easy for the homeowner to access, and easy to install. Opinions may vary, but I am quite happy with what we are using currently.

Honestly, I don't like the homeowner to have to reach into sheetmetal openings to have to change their filter. Make it as easy as possible for them, and they are more likely to actually change the filter reguarly.

It is nice to see what other people are doing around the country, and possibly take some ideas from that. I appreciate your comments.

There are no sharp edges as the sides have a "j" channel and the top and bottom are hemmed also there are no gaps where unfiltered air is allowed to enter the system. Also I must ask how much service work do you do on these types of filter setups ? I've done plenty and they are a unequivocal pain, if the filter frame, material or reinforcement wire gets caught on the side of the slot you have to fight the filter out sticking your fingers into that narrow little slot by those sharp edges and many times trash the filter to get it out, in the process dumping a bunch of the dirt inside the return, or if the customer neglects the filter until it gets sucked out of the rails it's a real mess. I'm glad you're satisfied with your method however, I would like to compare the cleanliness of one of my average systems with one of your average systems after say five years of service though. And as to ease of service I've actually had many customers that I've upgraded from your type of system to mine who have commented how much easier to service and better at filtering my style of system is.

Top and bottom edges are hemmed. This job was partialy won because of the filter up grade, job scope: heatpump add on, duct modifications for adequate cooling upstairs with manual seasonal adjustment, vision pro stat, and filter upgrade.

[Edited by hvac-tech-lane on 12-06-2005 at 12:16 AM]

Yours is a nice setup. I still dont agree that it is any better than what I am using.

Yes I do service these systems, and as long as it is installed properly, there are no problems with removing the filter.

It is good that you have found something that works for you, in the future I might even try to incorporate it into my work as well. Thanks for the pic, it helps to clarify the way it is installed.

Happy Holidays

How do you get pics in.

I like your filter set up better..

btw, no primer on the exhaust?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast