Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TXV hot swap

So are you venting out of the suction svc valve or what?

What about that little drop of water that you didn't see that was on the TXV?

Yeah, hot swapping valves is a great idea, if you like contaminated systems.

Quote Originally Posted by -MAKE- View Post
    Forgive me not knowing you EPA codes but this sound weird.
    According to this venting of 410A is OK. It has 0 ODP and it is HFC.
    So what's the deal? Anyone?
    Around here you can't vent HFC:s but I'm curious what the EPA says.
    In my world ODP is as much of a factor as GWP. Can't vent and need license.

can't pump down a scroll?

All the new units I've put in with scroll compressors say in the manual that pumping down will void the warranty. Do some of you do it anyway? I always do a full evac and vac of the system...with cores pulled and the right setup it doesn't usually take too long. Maybe your company should invest in some larger hoses and a vacuum T with 3/8" or 1/2" connections to speed things along.

Quote Originally Posted by okctech View Post
    That can be a problem..... Do you have your E.P.A. certification? Not trying to be an a**, but venting is against the law. Keep in mind that the E.P.A. will fine your personally. Some people still want to vent that shi* into the atmosphere rather then do it properly. I ain't the E.P.A. police, just sayin...
    just what is a couple of ounces of the great eco friendly 410a gonna do to the world. Sometimes it's more cost effective to be quick, get it done. I'm more about what makes sense.....
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Quote Originally Posted by -MAKE- View Post
    In my world ODP is as much of a factor as GWP.
    That's one possible difference between the USA and the much of the civilized world, 50% of our country has been brainwashed to believe climate change is a myth. Essentially anything that impacts profit is a communist conspiracy.

Interesting how the discussion has shifted to climate change.
    The entire Montreal protocol had nothing to do with climate change or global warming. It was about ozone depletion.

Climate change is a fact. It's happened repeatedly, time and time again a large portion of the earth has been covered by an ice sheet that subsequently melted. The last glacial maximum peaked at approximately 20,000 years ago. Technically we are still in tale end of the last ice age because we still have ice sheets in Greenland and Antartica.

There have been at least five major ice ages in the Earth's past. Outside these ages, the Earth seems to have been ice-free even in high latitudes. Human caused climate theory ignores that information and acts as if the last 8000 years is all of history.

The earliest established ice age (the Huronian) was approximately 2.4 to 2.1 billion years ago. That's a lot earlier than the hot age that spawned the dinosaurs,

Get a grip, it's most likely going to get warmer and there is nothing humanity can do about it. It could also get cooler, and there is nothing we can do about it. The global warming models keep on getting changed because the short term climate changes are not conforming to the models. So now they call it climate change, you can't dispute climate change, because it's a geologic fact. Anthropogenic global warming is what the sceptics question.
    I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by AccurateHT View Post
    That's one possible difference between the USA and the much of the civilized world, 50% of our country has been brainwashed to believe climate change is a myth. Essentially anything that impacts profit is a communist conspiracy.
    And the other 50% has been brainwashed to beleive that humans are causing climate change.

Hee Hee! I knew that one would bring out some ire!

Whatever your view, its obvious that when you burn trillions of tons of oil, coal and other fossil fuels, then manufacture and expel trillions of tons of chemicals including everyone's favorite, carbon dioxide, there WILL be a change in atmospheric chemistry. If you feel no culpability, that's on you.

Just because I don't believe humans are causing climate change, doesn't mean I am going around venting refrigerants into the atmosphere so I have no reason to feel culpable.

Maybe if we all quit exhaling, our C02 levels will go down and we will go into another ice age.

When the Earth gets tired of Humans , it will either freeze up, or heat up and wipe us off the face, and one day we will be remembered like dinosaurs by some other form of life. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AiResearch View Post

Also , you can easily thumb a hole with five pounds.

Thats what she said!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast