+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tif zx-1 good deal

Post Likes

tif zx-1 good deal

$196 including 10 bucks for shipping. http://www.ntxtools.com/

These are great leak detectors, but a little fragile. Mine is acting alittle funny lately so I checked this place after they sent me an email for a "big clearance sale" sure enough they had a nice deal on the zx-1. They even list the 25 year warranty, maybe it's the older style.

Post Likes
    I had one and the vacuum quit working on it. When I contacted them for warranty they would not honor the 25 year warranty because I did not buy it from an authorized distributor. They did not consider Amazon an authorized dealer. You better check that the seller is an authorized dealer if the 25 year warranty is important to you. Mine worked great till it broke but that warranty issue left a bad taste in my mouth since that was one of the reasons I bought it. I have the fieldpiece infrared now and so far its working good.

Post Likes
    These guys sell a lot of SPX stuff so I think they are authorized. But who knows, the warranty is not a big deal to me, I like this detector and for 196out the door, if I can get a couple of summers out of it, I'm good, which seems to be what you get with them. lol

Post Likes
    goin on 6 years now with mine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is what it is unless I say differently !!!!

Post Likes
    Mine over six years too and it is very accurate. Easy fix on the vac pump is to take case apart, reconnect the tube and/or spray motor w silicone lube. Also, the batteries will develop a memory sometime and have to be deep cycle charged or replaced to make the motor pump.

Most common repair on these is to replace the heated pentode detector. Plugs in like a lightbulb.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in