Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by MM#7 View Post
    the super heat was checked and on the money, the only question was air flow! every thing else about the install seemed to be done correctly. the other thing is on these boards, most people aren't at the h/o's, home, no pics, whatever, so when a home owner is saying it's cooling perfectly,and is happy, hey, from the computer gallery, sounds good, as compared to people who have leaks from day one, doesn;t cool,noisey,blowing out caos left and right, etc. again what ever, this is a funny board! again i know where your coming from, but the homeowner is telling you it's running perfect,to me, that says it all. oof course if you willing to drive around the usa in a chevrolet, and personally ck. it out, i'll just refer to a h/o who says the unit is running perfectly!
    If U read my post, I was not referring to that particular case or even to what anyone else does, - I was referring to if "I" were still doing service work & installs.

Real high airflow will usually result in high superheat, not low or no SH.

Anyway, I am NOT faulting U for taking your position, merely explaining mine...

You're an okay guy, keep satisfying your customers...

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by udarrell View Post
    If U read my post, I was not referring to that particular case or even to what anyone else does, - I was referring to if "I" were still doing service work & installs.

Real high airflow will usually result in high superheat, not low or no SH.

Anyway, I am NOT faulting U for taking your position, merely explaining mine...

You're an okay guy, keep satisfying your customers...
    ok, last time i was wisconsin, i was in a town called ripon, near fundaluc! i think it was rt.41,between wisconson, and oskash, a lot of wind mills, any way, have a good day! and i think tranes hq's is in lacross! nice state, take it easy.

[QUOTE I watched the guy install it and he did a fantasic job. Pulled a vacuum, checked for leaks, then set the superheat.[/QUOTE]

U watched him pull a vacuum. Did it sound like the pump was running?

I had to run an extension cord out to the condenser so the first guy could run his vacuum pump. Guess he didn't know how to hook up to the 220V. Then he pulled a vacuum and took a break. I'm assuming there was no leak when he came back. I checked the manuals for the 1.5 ton and the 2.5 ton condensers and they show a different superheat number for each unit. Of course I never saw the guy look at a chart to get the correct superheat for my unit at that temperature, so he either has the whole chart memorized or he just uses a ballpark number.

Most modern units have reference charging information inside the main electrical access panel. His memory might be great, but the information was most likely right at hand
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123