Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi everyone,

I just have replaced my single stage thermostat RITETEMP 8085 (http://www.ritetemp-thermostats.com/8085C.html) with a two stages Honeywell 8500D (http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catentryId=33403&catgroupId=12133&j spStoreDir=HomeDepotCanada&catalogId=10051&action= 1&productId=33403&langId=-15&parent_category_rn=12133&storeId=10051&ddkey=mo stpop) and now the temp in my house(2 storey + finished basement aprox. 3000-3200 sqf) is not as even as it was when I had the RITTEMP installed.
    Now upstairs is colder than downstairs or in the basement and the furnace (Goodman GMV90905CXA + Goodman CLQ Series 14 SEER 3 Ton A/C )is running just couple of minutes on low fire because the temp set point on the thermostat is reached very fast. I have setup the temp set point on the thermostat to 22.5C, after that to 23C and 24C. There was no change in the way the furnace works.
    The contractor did setup the dip switches on the furnace's main board to reflect the usage of the 2 stage thermostat.

I am able to return the thermostat and get another brand or another type.
    What will be your suggestion?

Thank you.

[Edited by nea on 11-17-2005 at 08:55 AM]

No sugestions?

See your last post on this issue

Originally posted by BaldLoonie
    See your last post on this issue

OK I got that.

Anyway, replacing the 8500D with VP8320 or VP8321 will make a difference?

Also, can I install an outdoor temp sensor plus an indoor temp sensor with either one?

Thanks.

The 8320 accepts both though I don't think an indoor is worth the hassle. Outdoor would only be for temp reading, no function.

Originally posted by nea
    Also, can I install an outdoor temp sensor plus an indoor temp sensor with either one?
    One or the other, but not both at the same time. As there is only one place to connect an extra sensor.

Should I replace the 8500D with VP8320 or VP8321?
    It will make a difference?

Thanks.

The 8321 will give you fan recycle ability, and cool to dehumidify.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Originally posted by beenthere
    The 8321 will give you fan recycle ability, and cool to dehumidify.

Where can I buy an 8320 or 8321 and also is it worth the extra indoor or outdoor sensor ?

Neither the th8320, or the th8321 are sold retail, you need to get a pro to sell and install them for you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Originally posted by beenthere
    Neither the th8320, or the th8321 are sold retail, you need to get a pro to sell and install them for you.

I have seen on Honeywell's documentation about Vision Pro 8000 series that some models can have multiple indoor/outdoor temp sensors and the thermostat will display the average temp read from all sensory. Which one is this model?

Thanks.

Originally posted by nea
    I have seen on Honeywell's documentation about Vision Pro 8000 series that some models can have multiple indoor/outdoor temp sensors and the thermostat will display the average temp read from all sensory. Which one is this model?
    All of the pro series, but you can't read both (indoor/outdoor) at the same time. The unit can be wired for one or the other, but not both at the same time.

Question

All of the pro series, but you can't read both (indoor/outdoor) at the same time. The unit can be wired for one or the other, but not both at the same time.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

And the thermostat will use its internal sensor plus an extra one (either internal or external) displaying 2 temps?

What is the advantage of using an extra sensor?

An internal or an external sensor will help my system to perform better?

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast