Funny how yesterday I knew nothing about HVAC and today I have learned so much. . . . What I'm pretty sure I've got now is -
1. a Carrier unit model CNRVP3617ATAABAA inside that uses R-22 refrigerant with a metering device = TXV -- installed new in Oct 2008.
2. a Payne outside unit PA13NA0360000ACAA that uses R410a refrigerant installed new by the same guy in April 2011 (4 months ago)
3. my installer with a disconnected phone, a hot house, and another service company telling me that "my pressures are bad" and they can replace the TX valve & make it work
-- just want to doublecheck that I have some sort of grip before I proceed
- I assume any warranty I might have had from the manufacturers is probably shot because these 2 units seem incompatible
- Can the Carrier unit just get a new valve and then be okay w/ R410a & compatible with the outside? Or am I setting myself up for anything down the line?
Thanks so much. This is a great forum.