240-24 volt transformer

Transformer burnt out (3) - have in-line fuse in 24v side - possible cause??? Also I would like to put an in-line fuse in the 240v side of transformer, what size fuse should I use for the 240 v side???? THANKS

You should

have a tech look at the system to determine what is taking out these transformers. Excessive load? Wire shorted?

As per the AOP Rules only Professional Members * can reply with
    advice
    to the OP. Anyone may post and ask questions. They may even
    question the * member answer but not give advice or expand on the
    advice given. Please read these rules for a complete understanding. AOP Rules
    For those in our industry who wish to become a Professional Member, please click here and follow the
    instructions. Apply for Professional
    Membership
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-11-2011 at 06:06 AM. Reason: No *

advice
    For those in our industry who wish to become a Professional Member, please click here and follow the
    Membership
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-11-2011 at 06:07 AM. Reason: No *

advice
    Membership
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-11-2011 at 06:07 AM. Reason: No *

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by rChris View Post
    yeah it sounds weird that the trans would blow before the fuse. You sure the fuse is in the voltage wire and not a wire just used for ground???
    Yes I installed an inline fuse to the 24v side did not blow fuse on 24 v side but did burn up 3 transformers!! So should I install a in-line fuse on the 220v side before I blow another transformer?? If so what size fuse for the 220v side?? Incoming volts is 246--using a universal transformer 120/208/220 volts, wire for 220-- May try to wire transformer to 120v - 246v may be too much?? ALSO strange wife was using stove the same time I was burning out transformers-- I turned off all 220 breakers when I was changing transformers-when I turned breakers on, stove display & clock did not come on,but stove burners worked, reset breaker on stove (off for 15 min) clock & display OK now. Is main breaker playing tricks?? THANKS YOU!!!

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by chillerout1 View Post
    low voltage condition on primary side or could just be trans former broke down and died
    Primary side was getting 246 volts-maybe too much for a 220v transformer??? If I were to in-line fuse the 220v side what size fuse should I use??? Using- Universal transformer 120/208/220-primary-wire to 220v-- May try to wire transformer to 120v????? THANK YOU!!!

4 or 5 posts, offering DIY advice, and all dealing with potentially dangerous voltages.
    That is sort of what we ain't supposed to do, if I understand the rules properly.

And I attempted to report each DIY post but forum software wanted me to wait 60-ish seconds between each report.

So for the record, something is broken, and hopefully it ain't the DIY person's heart when he electrocutes himself messing with stuff he fails to understand.

This thread should be closed as op is DIY asking for line voltage electrical advice.

Time to have a qualified service tech look at your system.

Thread closed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?