IQ Drive or Infinity

Hi-
    I will be replacing a 11 year old 5 ton ac unit and need some advice. The area I use the AC in is a open area so I don't need zones. The climate is tropical, so we have high humidity and about 80 degree weather all year long. Considering all of the above what unit would you choose, the Westinghouse iq drive unit or the Carrier infinity unit? any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VisualX View Post
    Hi-
    I will be replacing a 11 year old 5 ton ac unit and need some advice. The area I use the AC in is a open area so I don't need zones. The climate is tropical, so we have high humidity and about 80 degree weather all year long. Considering all of the above what unit would you choose, the Westinghouse iq drive unit or the Carrier infinity unit? any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated
    i think carrier is a better unit, i think the jury is still out on the iq, just my opinion,

no xc21 or xl20i in the mix???
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

I personally like the IQ Drive. IMHO this is where everything will be going.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Got a quote for the IQ unit, $ with installation. Is that a fair price for that unit?
    Last edited by BaldLoonie; 08-10-2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: sorry, can't help you with pricing questions

The area am talking about is a 900 sqft main living area that includes the kitchen (900sqft of open space). A new contractor recommended 2 Fujitsu mini splits system. Should I consider the 2 minisplits or go for the central air unit, I already have some duct work from the previous 5 ton unit.

TL;DR
    2 Fujitsu 36,000 BTU or replace the 5 ton unit with either IQ Drive or Carrier Infinity

Quote Originally Posted by VisualX View Post
    The area am talking about is a 900 sqft main living area that includes the kitchen (900sqft of open space). A new contractor recommended 2 Fujitsu mini splits system. Should I consider the 2 minisplits or go for the central air unit, I already have some duct work from the previous 5 ton unit.

TL;DR
    2 Fujitsu 36,000 BTU or replace the 5 ton unit with either IQ Drive or Carrier Infinity
    5 ton on a 900 sq ft room??? unless there is a blast furnace located in the middle of the room, i would get some oro advice and a load calculation.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    5 ton on a 900 sq ft room??? unless there is a blast furnace located in the middle of the room, i would get some oro advice and a load calculation.
    sorry it is a 1300 sqft room. Also the kitchen is in this area plus a lot of windows