Liebert Velocity V4 info

Talking with a customer today and he was raving about the new Velocity V4 iCom interface cards. Did a quick look around the net and looks like the card will support Bacnet and has some peer-to-peer functions.

Is this a real product and what makes it so special? (his word not mine)

Form your point of view velocity by itself doesn't mean much as it is the proprietary protocol replacing IGMnet. Velocity will be providing much more information than was availible on older products. What you can do with it is what matters and we will have new option cards providing more information via more protocols than we have had before. Modbus and snmp have been fairly standard in the past and they are working hard to provide bacnet serial and IP in option cards that you can plug right into a unit and use without a SiteLink translator box. Something else that wasn't really possible before is you could put two and sometimes more option cards in a single unit and get a web page out of it plus get bacnet IP from it, all without external hardware.
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own

I assume this option will be available on new units like the DS. Will Liebert offer a retrofit option for the older IGMnet processors? Is any documentation available, and is the v4 shipping yet?

Thanks

It is currently available in new units like the DS and NXL and pretty much all newly developed units sense say mid 2010 are using velocity v3 or v4 now. What's lagging at the moment is the cards with new features but more is available all the time.

Info is up on emersonnetworkpower.com but you have to dig down to the cards or use the search to get to it. I have a link straight to it I will post from work tomorrow.

Older units with IGM or ESP2 will not have retrofit kits to fit the new velocity cards as their micro boards aren't capable of velocity to supply the cards.
    Scott Jalbert

Looked around the web site but wasn't able to find any details. Any info would be a big help.

Thanks

They are mixed in with the other cards. The LB, LBDS and NXL are all velocity on the back side I believe and the bacnet cards aren't out yet. They don't mention velocity, canbuss, IGM, ESP etc on the site because it really doesn't matter what's happening behind the scenes that brings the data to the back side of the cards. There is work in place to bring the sheer number of these protocols down and Emerson wants us to settle on velocity.

http://www.emersonnetworkpower.com/e...b26b90b95_tab5

http://www.emersonnetworkpower.com/e...7ff46b69b_tab3
    Scott Jalbert

Hello Maxburn
    I just buy 2 PPCs (2 panel, 108 poles) with LDMF option, factory installation also included with SiteLink-2E
    in diagram, I see LDMF boards are connected to SiteLink -2E port1
    Could you show me how to connect them to existing sitescan system
    1. Connect SiteLink E to SiteScan then do the same as with IGM protocol, in this case I don't know velocity address format
    2. connect PPC using Modbus port (located in upper adapter board) to existing SIte TPI-E then using Modbus

Please give me your advice, documents link

Thank you so much

ngocvd@hotmail.com

1. These units are sold with startup, call 1800LIEBERT to get a tech to start them up.

2. The 485 port on the adapter board is Velocity these days assuming this is a new unit. If you want modbus there is an intellislot option card for that.
    Scott Jalbert

Hi Max

I tried with "Comm Config Tool"' it supports to change LDMF rs485 interface to Modbus
    It means that i can connect it directly to existing TPI-E?
    I must bought this servives oversea so I have to do it myselft
    Thank you for quickly reply

The Comm Config Tool is use to configure the output protocol used by the LDMf or VPMP monitor boards. The output protocol is also used by the unit's display as well as the IntelliSlot cards. If the LDMf/VPMP boards are changed from Velocity to Modbus, then the IntelliSlot cards nor the unit's display will function. The proper way to get Modbus from these units is via an IS-485S card.

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor101 View Post
    The Comm Config Tool is use to configure the output protocol used by the LDMf or VPMP monitor boards. The output protocol is also used by the unit's display as well as the IntelliSlot cards. If the LDMf/VPMP boards are changed from Velocity to Modbus, then the IntelliSlot cards nor the unit's display will function. The proper way to get Modbus from these units is via an IS-485S card.
    Thank you so much
    Just like you said, Today I changed LDMF/VPMF to Modbus then connect to SIteTPI-E, I can read PPC's values but unit display don't work.
    Could you tell me where I can get address of Velocity or IGM objects listing, I can build control program myself.
    Currently, I have sitelink-e driver file version drv_sitelink_e_2-12-003
    I am very worry because inviting an Liebert Tech from oversea to us is difficult (I tried to contact with local Emerson representative office but no guys can support us)

Ngocvd@hotmail.com

ngocvd,
    You have several solutions:
    1) Use a SiteLink-E (driver 5-51-052 or higher) to pull in the Velocity and output Modbus. This is very expensive (cost of the SiteLink-E). The Modbus map can be gained by contacting Liebert via monitoring.support@emerson.com.

2) Use an IS-485S IntelliSlot card. This is very cost effective (card is a lot cheaper than the SiteLink-E). Also, the Modbus map can be gained from either monitoring.support@emerson.com or right off the card itself. This is the preferred method.