Another meter thread

After a lot of deliberation I have settled (sort of). Going with a Fieldpiece. Now, if you had to choose one as a newcomer who works on everything (residential to commercial to industrial) would you go with the 77, 56 or maybe even 36. I am thinking right now it will be the first or last due to proven reliability in the field compared to the new to the market 56 and I would like to carry the least amount of tools possible (was sold on Fluke but then bag is heavier to carry because I would need at least two meters).

Take a look at the Amprobe ACD-51NAV, Amprobe is owned by Fluke and the meters have a very similar form factor. I just field tested this meter and it is one of the best for the money I have seen in a long time.

Does volts, amps, capacitance, thd, power in KW, micro amps and temp, Cat IV 600 volts, Cat III 1000 volts. Also does phase rotation, inrush current and min/max/hold and has a light the shines when you open the clamps. Also has a low pass filter.
    JLB,

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    Take a look at the Amprobe ACD-51NAV, Amprobe is owned by Fluke and the meters have a very similar form factor. I just field tested this meter and it is one of the best for the money I have seen in a long time.

Does volts, amps, capacitance, thd, power in KW, micro amps and temp, Cat IV 600 volts, Cat III 1000 volts. Also does phase rotation, inrush current and min/max/hold and has a light the shines when you open the clamps. Also has a low pass filter.
    Looks like a really nice tool except it appears to be missing millivolts. Thanks.

Thumbs up

Picked up the SC 56 on sale at Johnstone last week. Impressed so far, seems like a solid meter.