Does anyone can confirm that Goodman GMV90905CXA furnace and Goodman CLQ Series 14 SEER 3 Ton A/C are both 2 stages?
    Also if both are 2 stages how many wires supposed to come from the outside A/C unit into the GMV90905CXA furnace?

I want to use the Vision Pro 8500D thermostat with this equipment and I want to be sure that the contractor did install it correctly.
    The contractor said that this thermostat can be connected to the furnace using just 5 wires (and have a working 2 stages heat and cool) because it will be powered by the 3 AAA batteries. Is this a correct setup?

Thanks.

The A/C is single stage. You should be able to use the Vision (this isn't the Pro model) on 5 wires but not get backlight constantly.

Originally posted by BaldLoonie
    The A/C is single stage. You should be able to use the Vision (this isn't the Pro model) on 5 wires but not get backlight constantly.
    So this 8500D is not the Vision Pro series from Honeywell ?

What is the difference between this one and Vision Pro 8000 or Vision Pro 8300?

Thanks.

The consumer models are different but I don't recall right off which features they omit. Never sat them side by side and compared. I should do that sometime.

The 8110 is single stage, the 8320 is multistage, the 8321 is same but with overcool to dehumidify feature.

OK I looked,

the 8500 doesn't have

dual fuel
    circulate fan position
    constant backlight
    outdoor sensor
    remote indoor sensors
    timers for UV lights etc.
    5 year warranty (only 1 year)