Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It was built 2 yrs ago, and it is an energy package house. It has foam on all 4 sides and in the room, it is supposed to be better quality air when you combine it with return air in all the rooms. That is what I have been told and I live in houston texas and this is actually a more advanced house. that is what i was told by the builder :-)

I have spend 8-10 hours today and 20 hours last week reading and learning this stuff. I think i have a headache :-)

I hope I can solve my asthma stuff soon. I would appreciate if anyone could review my goodman equipment and tell me if it can handle the purifiers that I am thinking of installing.

I hope you have not done that yet!

Did you know that according to 3rd party research 95% of all resperatory illness is directly caused by the air you breath in your home!!

Also spray foam insulation is the best as far as an energy stand point and my company does a ton of it. However it does take 6+ months to OFF GAS!

As far as filtration is concerned. The ONLY 100% filtration on the market today is THE PERFECT 16 by IQ AIR. And they also make chemical filtration to remove any off gassing.

And finally fresh air is super important. You can control fresh air through a ERV or a IQ.AIR portable filter tide in with the duct system, so that it super filters all of the outside polutants as well.
    We have helped tons of clients in the GA., TN. AND AL. Areas get off of there meds with these systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum19 View Post
    I hope you have not done that yet!

Did you know that according to 3rd party research 95% of all resperatory illness is directly caused by the air you breath in your home!!

Also spray foam insulation is the best as far as an energy stand point and my company does a ton of it. However it does take 6+ months to OFF GAS!

As far as filtration is concerned. The ONLY 100% filtration on the market today is THE PERFECT 16 by IQ AIR. And they also make chemical filtration to remove any off gassing.

And finally fresh air is super important. You can control fresh air through a ERV or a IQ.AIR portable filter tide in with the duct system, so that it super filters all of the outside polutants as well.
    If u want to advertise some unknown untested product, pay for it.

We have helped tons of clients in the GA., TN. AND AL. Areas get off of there meds with these systems.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by victor123 View Post
    Can you explain why I need ventilation? I have issues with humidity, so would not not cause an issue. I have a variable speed furnance and if i upgrade the thermostat i think I can even leave the fan running. So as skyheating said, would that not work?
    Most of us on this site and experts like ASHRAE, Am Lung Ass, and Am Medical Ass suggest a fresh air change every 4-5 hours as a minimum. This purges indoor pollutants and renew oxygen. You are right about humidity. You must maintain <50%RH to avoid mold, mildew, and dust mites which all produce allergens which make sensitive occupants ill. Also <50%RH is very comfortable. A good whole house ventilating dehumidifier is able to handle all of this. Units like the Ultra-Aire, Santa Fe, Honeywell are high efficiency durable units.
    After getting fresh merv 11 filtered, dry air into your home, add any extra filter you care to.
    Fresh air and <50%RH solves most IAQ problems. You can add active charcoal and heppa. Review the Ultra-Aire literature on IAQ concepts.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Quote Originally Posted by Gross View Post
    [/QUOTE]

Nope,
    Not selling anything i was in referance to the fact hat a clean effects or similar filtratin system will not solve these issues. Especilly without fixing the environment.

Though filtration is important, in a house like the one listed above, it not as important as clean air infusion into the home. And yes it is also a good idea to dehumidify and keep the RH down below the 50%.

But some one that has those type of allergies is going to need a mix of great filtration, fresh air, and dehumidification.

The only filtration on the market that has a continual 98% efficiency for up to 3 yrs. With NO maintenance is the IQ AIR PERFECT 16 they have a good site check it out..

its a merv 16...thats not 100%, or even close....plywood is the only 100% effective filter.

Check it out there is nothing that comes close..

Check it out there is nothing that comes close..
    except merv 17 and 18....

Quote Originally Posted by Gross View Post

We have helped tons of clients in the GA., TN. AND AL. Areas get off of there meds with these systems.
    I see no ads in his post, I see no off site links in his post. I see conversation to his opinion.

Thanks for the report but I see no reason for it.

Carry on

They do not go inline with a .00 static drop. And guaranty 10xs cleaner air in one hour.

They do not go inline with a .00 static drop. And guaranty 10xs cleaner air in one hour.
    either does this one...says right on the site it has a .22" pressure drop

cleaneffects has more surface area and a lower pressure drop and a higher merv equivalent...

id say the only advantage is the "3 year" filter replacement schedule...and i'd be extremely skeptical of that

The clean effects has 210 sq ft of filter media?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast