Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    R-22 works just fine with POE oil.

It's just oil. The problem comes when using HFCs with mineral oil. Doesn't work so good.

Now, as beenthere and others pointed out, a 410a compressor will not pump the same volume and, therefore, will not perform as desired with r-22.

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by just_opinion View Post
    In my house, 2 systems

System 1 - 5 tons carrier condenser, 1/16HP 825 rpm fan motor from Lennox, 22,000 BTU scroll from Lennox compresor; Lennox G16 3 tons gas heater with trane 230 volts ECM blower and board; Ignition from unit that is no longer manufatured; 3 tons Lennox CH23 flat coil.

System 2 - 5 tons Heil condenser, 1/16HP 825 rpm fan motor from Lennox, 18,000 BTU scroll from Lennox compresor; Lennox G24 2 tons gas heater with Carrier 230 volts ECM blower and board; The only new is the A-coil Lennox 2.5 ton.

I've already tried ONE 3 tons condenser with 2 speed compressor for upstairs and downstairs. I don't see the saving on electric bill. I yanked it out.

I am tempted to use a 2 stage compressor this winter. And we all know those 2 stage are 410A. I got my eye on some compressors on the XC and XP19 already. I am still waiting for the XC or XP21

Why not reducing the electric bill. And have fun fun fun
    so basically you like to f@@@ aroung with hvac equipment. ok, i got better things to do, but if it works for you, good luck!

you can make practically anything work. making it perform requires skill.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MM#7 View Post
    so basically you like to f@@@ aroung with hvac equipment. ok, i got better things to do, but if it works for you, good luck!
    No, you must misunderstand me.

I don't f%^&& around with HVAC equipment.
    I improve my own HVAC, at NO COST. And it gives me the best result at NO COST again. And I learn a lot.

Thumbs up

No, you must misunderstand me.

I don't f%^&& around with HVAC equipment.
    I improve my own HVAC, at NO COST. And it gives me the best result at NO COST again. And I learn a lot.
    the last post you had desribing all the differant parts from various n mfg's sounded like johnny cash's song, ONE PIECE AT A TIME, WHEN he was building a cars with different mfg. parts!

Quote Originally Posted by MM#7 View Post
    the last post you had desribing all the differant parts from various n mfg's sounded like johnny cash's song, ONE PIECE AT A TIME, WHEN he was building a cars with different mfg. parts!
    I don't know who Johnny Cash is. But I regcon he must be one smart fella.

Confused

I don't know who Johnny Cash is. But I regcon he must be one smart fella.
    never heard of johnny cash? beam me up now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what's this world coming to!

In my house, 2 systems

System 1 - 5 tons carrier condenser, 1/16HP 825 rpm fan motor from Lennox, 22,000 BTU scroll from Lennox compresor; Lennox G16 3 tons gas heater with trane 230 volts ECM blower and board; Ignition from unit that is no longer manufatured; 3 tons Lennox CH23 flat coil.

System 2 - 5 tons Heil condenser, 1/16HP 825 rpm fan motor from Lennox, 18,000 BTU scroll from Lennox compresor; Lennox G24 2 tons gas heater with Carrier 230 volts ECM blower and board; The only new is the A-coil Lennox 2.5 ton.

I've already tried ONE 3 tons condenser with 2 speed compressor for upstairs and downstairs. I don't see the saving on electric bill. I yanked it out.

I am tempted to use a 2 stage compressor this winter. And we all know those 2 stage are 410A. I got my eye on some compressors on the XC and XP19 already. I am still waiting for the XC or XP21

Why not reducing the electric bill. And have fun fun fun
    I like it!!!
    I just got a line on a 4 ton condensing unit, working condition, Carrier R-22. I'm going to look at it tomorrow. $. Wondering hot to best match up an inside unit AND wondering if I can temporarily use my old 2-ton AH. So I'm doing research here and ran across this. My current A/C is old enough to be in high school.

Good on ya playing around with cheap / free equipment... we aren't all rich.
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-15-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: price

You must have a big house!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12