Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    wow you certainly like twisting peoples quotes dont you

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Blue View Post
    Southern Mech,
    I do agree with you it is always a good idea to do a load calc. and like i said originally the rule of thumb was just an estimate
    hey tech,hows michigan? any way, a heads up! on this board, they don't like the word rule of thumb! just lletting you know!

thats fine I dont like having my words twisted. If you read all my posts i made it perfectly clear that it is JUST an estimate and that a LOAD CALC SHOULD be done

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Blue View Post
    thats fine I dont like having my words twisted. If you read all my posts i made it perfectly clear that it is JUST an estimate and that a LOAD CALC SHOULD be done
    hey tech, i hear you! good luck!

thanks man, sounds like a lot of caulky guys on here. Not sure thats really gonna help anyone.

Most Guys Back Into the loads they want, so that's the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by MM#7 View Post
    hey tech,hows michigan? any way, a heads up! on this board, they don't like the word rule of thumb! just lletting you know!
    Hey,

Truth is, on old houses you don't know the key assumptions that drive the loads, it is impossible with out testing. Since we really have no clue with out testing what these values are, we learn to use values for ACH, and Duct loss/gain in our load calcs that give us the "rule of thumb" answers we started with. Kinda silly but them's the Facts.

It's been that way for ever.

Houses very widely by Age, What Builder, Exposure to Wind, What day of the week they built, etc,,,

Ask you ACCA certified trainer. One thing they will tell you is 2 Stage units cover a lot of sins.

AC BAD DOG

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123