Post Likes

Second bad evap coil in 9 months!!??

Hi,

I have a 4 year old Comfortmaker 14 Seer A/C system in my home. Last Septemnber, my evap coil went bad after just 3 years! Its was replaced by
    the contractor who did the initial installation. The coil was still under warranty
    but he made me paid labor....should I have paid labor?

Now, today, ONLY 11 months old, the contractor just left and AGAIN the evap
    coil in leaking and I need another one...after ONLY 11 months! Again, he wants
    to charge me the labor to install! After only 11 months and my coil goes bad
    again, and again I need to pay labor?

Shouldnt I be covered for BOTH the coil and labor since it only lasted 9 months?

Thanks

Post Likes
    Two possibilities...

1. Leak is not in the coil

2. Indoor air quality problem
    I've discovered a natural law - everything gets progressively worse. Things only break down and become depleted. Life isn't worth living and everything is going to hell.

Death is the messiah. Everything else is irrelevant and arbitrary.

Post Likes

It depends

on each individual companies labor policies. Some only 90 days, others a year, etc. I would call the company to see what there policy is (should be in writing somewhere) and go from there. It may be possible that the manufactrer will kick in a lbor allowance to the installer to help offset cost. This is no different than a warranty on a car or other piece of machinery.