Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My unico has been leak free for 12 years. They make a very big deal about sealing EVERYTHING. This needs to be emphasized to the installers, cause "what's a little leak here n there matter?"

I like this post best, you might propose this (and pay for the system to be serviced):

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    Mr. Kling:

If you were a client of ours, we would handle your situation in this way:

You would pay to have one of our service techs come out and assess the situation.
    Said tech would make a judgement call, on whos fault the leaking air was. His judgement would not be disputable.
    If, in his opinion, the installers did a bad job installing this product, we would fix it, no charge. We would probably then not collect the money for said service call.

If, after 5 years of installation or anytime that is out of the warranty period, if said tech decides that the issue is related to the manufacturer or anything other than us, in any way shape and form, and the system was correctly installed per manufacturer's instructions, then it would be your responsibility to pay any all all fees associated with said repairs.

But, thats how we operate.

I do though, doubt that it will be installer error, if it has worked find for 5 years. (also, because I'm an installer. Gotta stick up for your brothers in arms )

I would think with a high velocity system, a small gap would equal big air loss.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

calling a lawyer is a little much

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    calling a lawyer is a little much
    A LITTLE MUCH????????

Last unico I put in was 8 or 9 yrs ago. the little collars "screwed" into the ductboard pipe and had a foam rubber gasket on the flange to seal the duct. I don't remember airleak noises at startup.

It was a five ton and had lots of collars. in a third floor attic. Took awhile to get some of the pipe, because the ductbd pipe factory had caught fire. Install manager joked that I set it on fire because I hate fg so much.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123