Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to work!!

Ok, so this one took a little longer than 7hrs.

it was about 13 1/2 ...but well worth it!

But still one man (other than having the HO's son help me stretch the chimney liner)...

Except my back is startin to feel this crap, good thing I'm still...Strong like Bull...

Nice work, in MA we have to place a 24" X 24" sign above the vent on the outside of the house saying " Gas Vent Below" nice when you have a $500,000.00 house and the vents sticks out the front.

BJD

Beautiful again! Did they have an old Climatrol outdoor unit too?

Do you check ARI ratings with ADP coils? Main reason we stopped using them is how low the capacity was with some A-S/Trane outdoor units. A 3 ton could be only 32,000 BTU for example, worse with the B models.

Ever have an issue setting a TDX on a TXC coil? We put a ADX80 on a TXC31 and the furnace limited out. Turns out the top of the A was so wide and right at the top of the coil box that it blocked airflow down the center of the furnace right where the limit was. We removed the furnace, made a 4" spacer and reinstalled. Ran much cooler.

Originally posted by bjd
    Nice work, in MA we have to place a 24" X 24" sign above the vent on the outside of the house saying " Gas Vent Below" nice when you have a $500,000.00 house and the vents sticks out the front.

BJD
    If you're suggesting the venting is on the front...it's not, it's in the back of the house. The basement door is just to the right.

Originally posted by BaldLoonie

Do you check ARI ratings with ADP coils? Main reason we stopped using them is how low the capacity was with some A-S/Trane outdoor units. A 3 ton could be only 32,000 BTU for example, worse with the B models.

Ever have an issue setting a TDX on a TXC coil? We put a ADX80 on a TXC31 and the furnace limited out. Turns out the top of the A was so wide and right at the top of the coil box that it blocked airflow down the center of the furnace right where the limit was. We removed the furnace, made a 4" spacer and reinstalled. Ran much cooler.
    Interesting, I did'nt know that about them coils. I would use a Trane coil when I'd sell a Trane condenser though.
    This house had some weird outdoor unit I never even heard of and now I can't remember the name of it, and it was like 3-4yrs old, customer did'nt want to replace it.

Someone was telling me that the counterflow Tranes were having limiting issues, maybe that's why.

great job, hay do you use the auto mode on the humidifiers?I see you got it set up for manual, less work for manual mode to.i like the new drop also, makes it look great, didi you have to rework the take off in front of the plenumn?

Originally posted by chicago installer
    great job, hay do you use the auto mode on the humidifiers?I see you got it set up for manual, less work for manual mode to.i like the new drop also, makes it look great, didi you have to rework the take off in front of the plenumn?
    Yeah, sometimes I'll run the outdoor sensor, not this time though, the back of the house was exposed to the southwest, and the sun woulda been beating on it.

I increased the size of the return and supply.

No sir, I don't like it. Looks way to clean and professional, you're going to make the rest of us look bad lol.

Keep slappin them in like that and takin pictures for us ;-)

Looks great! Keep up the good work for this board! Hope you can out # Payson's shame! hehe

Love those Bayvent kits. I put in Carriers now, but convinced my boss we still need to use those kits, much cleaner look. Keep up the good work.

Originally posted by mayguy
    Looks great! Keep up the good work for this board! Hope you can out # Payson's shame! hehe

I'll try, but doubt I can keep up with him...

Originally posted by BaldLoonie

Hey John, thanks for that "heads up" about the counterfow/ADP, I finally read the ADP instructions and it says to make a 12" min. transition between the furnace and coil,seems like it would cost the same to just put in the Trane coil, compared to the labor & material to make the transition....

I spy with my little eye an Ameritherm flue damper. Haven't seen on of those in a while. Let me guess, it was failed in the open position. Seems like every one I run across is. We can't use flat bottom returns in Mich, they have to be radiused of 45ed at bottom. When I pull liners by myself I fold a "U" shaped piece of slock, screw that inside of liner, then hook a bungie to that bracket and then to my truck hitch. Then grab the other end and pull. The bungie is free to wind as you stretch and it comes out nice and evenly stretched. They are a pain to by yourself otherwise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast