+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Post Likes

Question WHAT DO YOU THINK?

RAN ACROSS THIS AD, WHAT KIND OF MONEY DO YOU THINK AN INDIVIDUAL SHOULD PULL IN A JOB LIKE THIS?

RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:

Technicians are responsible for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of industrial refrigeration systems using anhydrous ammonia as the refrigerant. Technicians are also responsible for the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of high pressure steam boilers and auxiliary equipment.

Technicians are expected to perform maintenance and repairs to rotary screw compressors, condensers, evaporators, boilers, pumps, valves, fans, piping, mechanical drives, electric motors, and industrial control systems.

Technicians are required to respond to and remediate releases of anhydrous ammonia. Therefore 40 hour HAZMAT certification is required (training and certification is provided). Candidates must pass a HAZMAT physical to qualify for a Stationary Systems Position.

The ideal candidate will posses:

· High School Diploma or equivalent

· 3-5 years of experience Minimum of 2 years experience in Mechanical Maintenance, Electrical Maintenance, Welding, Hydraulic/Pneumatic systems, Construction Trades or Air Conditioning Maintenance

· Certified as an Industrial Maintenance Partner I

Physical Requirements of the Technician role include:

· Lift 20 lbs or more on an occasional basis

· Standing, stooping, walking, bending and climbing.

· Ability to work in extreme temperatures ranging from -20 to 130 degrees.

· Must be able to lift and carry 75 pounds.

· Must be able to work standing, sitting, stooping, bending or in a prone position.

· Must be able to work with hands over head.

· Must be able to climb and work from a ladder.
    G T T

“In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gtt View Post
    RAN ACROSS THIS AD, WHAT KIND OF MONEY DO YOU THINK AN INDIVIDUAL SHOULD PULL IN A JOB LIKE THIS?

RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:

Technicians are responsible for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of industrial refrigeration systems using anhydrous ammonia as the refrigerant. Technicians are also responsible for the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of high pressure steam boilers and auxiliary equipment.

Technicians are expected to perform maintenance and repairs to rotary screw compressors, condensers, evaporators, boilers, pumps, valves, fans, piping, mechanical drives, electric motors, and industrial control systems.

Technicians are required to respond to and remediate releases of anhydrous ammonia. Therefore 40 hour HAZMAT certification is required (training and certification is provided). Candidates must pass a HAZMAT physical to qualify for a Stationary Systems Position.

The ideal candidate will posses:

· High School Diploma or equivalent

· 3-5 years of experience Minimum of 2 years experience in Mechanical Maintenance, Electrical Maintenance, Welding, Hydraulic/Pneumatic systems, Construction Trades or Air Conditioning Maintenance

· Certified as an Industrial Maintenance Partner I

Physical Requirements of the Technician role include:

· Lift 20 lbs or more on an occasional basis

· Standing, stooping, walking, bending and climbing.

· Ability to work in extreme temperatures ranging from -20 to 130 degrees.

· Must be able to lift and carry 75 pounds.

· Must be able to work standing, sitting, stooping, bending or in a prone position.

· Must be able to work with hands over head.

· Must be able to climb and work from a ladder.
    9 per hour!

Post Likes
    I'd ask $100/h when I'm working on eqp and half if I don't if that's my responsibility with all health care and any tools I want paid for and hefty insurance for my family. seems a lot of want from the company and dangerous job...
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.
    ------------------------------------------------------

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Post Likes
    Sounds like a great opportunity for someone to learn

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by freonr22 View Post
    Sounds like a great opportunity for someone to learn
    LEARNING WITH HYDROS GETS YOU AND OTHERS KILLED!!
    its a one mistake death type of work, I wouldnt do it for less than 100.00 per hour with 4 weeks vacation and other bennies to start
    If you cant cool it
    HEAT THE Hello out of it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by esornivram View Post
    LEARNING WITH HYDROS GETS YOU AND OTHERS KILLED!!
    its a one mistake death type of work, I wouldnt do it for less than 100.00 per hour with 4 weeks vacation and other bennies to start
    agreed.

although I wouldn't touch it period.
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Post Likes
    Well, what's the scoop?
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    In realality, If your already qualified your not going to know everything they want you to and you will be working under somebody who has already been there so you won't get top rate. There are mobile home refrigerators that run on ammonia and alot of hospitals that use high pressure boilers. Non-union ($15) / Union ($25).
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

Post Likes
    $14.00 - $18.50 DOE, there's a bunch of that stuff just across the border right?
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    Whoops - pay range not given - http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeek...Y72MLK7DFN5VH2

BTW - does it pay more to work in the heat and lack thereof or just the lack thereof http://www.reddyice.com/join-job.php?id=497
    Last edited by crab master; 09-22-2011 at 12:50 PM. Reason: *BTW

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in