Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinnyc View Post
    txv my bad expansion valve.

Hopefully I wont have to bother. I think maybe my gauges maybe the problem. Otherwise I would not have cold air right? It appears to be working fine yet my tool maybe missing a part from hanging on my garage wall for a few years.
    hey mike just wondering, do you have a epa card?

Don't worry I'm just testing the pressure not opening up ozone holes. R22 is mia and I can't buy a tiny bit anyway so I just test to make sure its still alive. I probably have more tools then most people. I use to take apart racing bikes into million pieces and I have so many one time use tools like compression testers/ or fly wheel puller. Hence my r22 tester. It's there and I will use it regardless.

Hmm

Don't worry I'm just testing the pressure not opening up ozone holes. R22 is mia and I can't buy a tiny bit anyway so I just test to make sure its still alive. I probably have more tools then most people. I use to take apart racing bikes into million pieces and I have so many one time use tools like compression testers/ or fly wheel puller. Hence my r22 tester. It's there and I will use it regardless.
    so you don't have a EPA card, just wondering, good luck, working on your own equipment!

Hello,

This is an AC R22 Unit for my home. Specifically, the second floor split system. It's a Goodman 2 1/2 ton (Wish I had a 3 ton Now that it was 115 In NYC) and the AC just barely handle this.

Anyway, when the weather cooled off I tested my system to see why it could barely handle this while the exact same system downstairs kicked ass during that time.

I have superheat at 4f or around outside on the blue dial with 55f wet bulb temp. I had to run this higher due to the suction length being over 50' to my attic. I'm using a 3/4 line set but I thinking about getting bigger to reduce the pressure.

Problem:

My Line Pressure (Red Dial) is zero.nada zilch. I cleaned the entire system and flushed the condenser in the attic out with a garden house for an hour after spraying it with mold spray first. There was little black mold spots in the condenser not allot but it was enough to make me clean it good. The air filter however was so clogged from 5 cats that I don't know how it even worked. It's all cleaned now and almost new again... 5 years old.

When my AC guy put these in they came with a little bag that had a fixed orifice valve. I'm thinking its probably DOA now. I read about TXV are better for my system than fixed valve.

I'm hoping that its only a clog in the line from the fixed orifice valve but I can't see it being anything else since I'm able to get pressure from the suction line with no problem.

Ideas: Suggestion?
    Work with your A/C guy as they can help point you in the right direction.

Sounds like you figured out the A-coil becomes the second filter.

Yes a txv works better but not DIY type of deal, I would be the first to tell you if it was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12