Armstrong water pump 20 hp

# 4280 BF 4x3x13 this is one of two pumps that are running until end of month then other one runs. two replacement motors through the years
    now I have a seal out leaking water mix. Before I would use angled steel and get behind impeller and move it off of keyed shaft,I am thinking differently now and do not want to warp impeller. 5 1/2 inch opening. I have motor and part of pump assy to get apart. I thought about an inside puller but not in this small itty bitty Town any suggestions.

I contacted tech support they said I was doing it ok They said two crowbars.
    I also made a tool, Flat metal 1/2 inch thick 1 inch wide and 5 1/2 inches long drilled hole in the middle, using long bolt and nut I put bolt through hole and nut between metal and impeller. Tighten bolt and hold nut from turning it pulls it right off.

Post a pic, you are after all from the "show me" state....LOL
    Never give up; Never surrender!

The nut was too large to go between shaft and impeller I had to obtain a thinner one. bolt is all thread, another nut welded to rod gave me long bolt with threads all the way up. when pulling I used a flat washer to protect threaded shaft when pulling
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by xpuser357 View Post
    The nut was too large to go between shaft and impeller I had to obtain a thinner one. bolt is all thread, another nut welded to rod gave me long bolt with threads all the way up. when pulling I used a flat washer to protect threaded shaft when pulling
    here is another pic wire is to hold it at piping next to pumps for future use.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I see alot of views but no one wants to leave a comment, different point of view??

Quote Originally Posted by xpuser357 View Post
    I see alot of views but no one wants to leave a comment, different point of view??
    Wow 584 views That is cool!! you need me to show you all another tool I engineered