Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: epa card

epa card

I got my card in the early 90's through ari. Can they change the id number on these? You guys that have them from that early should know why I ask. Thanks.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wogpa67 View Post
    I got my card in the early 90's through ari. Can they change the id number on these? You guys that have them from that early should know why I ask. Thanks.
    excellant question because i know what your talking about a very good question! i got mine in 94!

I thought it was tied to your SS#

I got mine through RSES before they even had the 'official' test questions developed. Before they had a specification for recovery machines and all the manufacturers were afraid to make a machine out of fear it would either be over designed in excess of government specifications or under designed and wouldn't meet the specifications. Back when each manufacturer of recovery machines had a different electrical connection to the recover tank so you had to put your name on the recovery tank, take it to the recovery facility and then get the same tank back, empty. Back before R-410A so all of us who don't do refrigeration only had to carry a tank for one refrigerant. So....

As far as I know, I still have my original card and number. Never had anyone tell me it wasn't valid.

great question i was also wondering if we could get the numbers changed
    If a Ram is a Sheep, And an Ass is a Donkey, Why is a Ram in the Ass a Goose?

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by skippedover View Post
    I got mine through RSES before they even had the 'official' test questions developed. Before they had a specification for recovery machines and all the manufacturers were afraid to make a machine out of fear it would either be over designed in excess of government specifications or under designed and wouldn't meet the specifications. Back when each manufacturer of recovery machines had a different electrical connection to the recover tank so you had to put your name on the recovery tank, take it to the recovery facility and then get the same tank back, empty. Back before R-410A so all of us who don't do refrigeration only had to carry a tank for one refrigerant. So....

As far as I know, I still have my original card and number. Never had anyone tell me it wasn't valid.
    what the original guy was saying was he doesn't like the original way the used the epa # to idetify you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    i have the same problem, i DON'T like the # they assigned me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by r-290 View Post
    I thought it was tied to your SS#
    that's why we want the # changed! get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MM#7 View Post
    that's why we want the # changed! get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    Got it.

For you I would suggest you take the test again

Quote Originally Posted by wogpa67 View Post
    They did make a change a few year back, when Sarbanes Oxley act went into effect. Don't have the specifc link your looking for right now.

I did'nt want to say how they came up with the #. Just that i would like it changed. Anew card with a new #.
    Last edited by wogpa67; 08-07-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: incomplete

i am going to call ari about this and will post my findings to the rest of you that are concerned. btw the reason i have'nt applied for pro membership.

That would be great! I did not even think of the hackers looking for it

I got my card thru RSES back around 1981. My lic # has nothing to do with my ss number. FWIW, I signed up for the class, attended and took exam. EPA agents on site. A month later I get a letter from RSES saying that the class I attended was not sanctioned by them, but after the board discussed the matter, they issued everyone a license. The guy running the test, used the RSES name to drum up business.
    I'll be there when I get there and not a minute later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast