humidifier humidistat location

installing a wetted element humidifier for my first time. i am wondering where the best place is to mount my humidistat? on the wall inside conditioned area? or in the return air..... instructions say either or..... and should i be running hot water or cool water to the humidifier... and do i need a water filter inline...... this is not diy... i work for my fathers co. since i was very young about 12 yrs.... but been serrious about this industry for 5 years full time.... i am nate certified as well, just never came across a humidifier or needed to install one.... thanks for any feedback...

Return, hot, filter. Get your posts up so you can apply for pro status. Lots of very knowledgeable techs over there. We are all always learning and matching wits. Great site on the pro side.

thank you i appriciate the info.. and ya iam trying to get the posts up i hear alot of good benefits in the pro forums.....

Good. Keep stroking. You can post pictures, comment on other peoples posts, etc. The faster you get them up there, the faster you can submit your credentials for pro status. Welcome.