Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Same problem different day

Cleaned my quadra 1200i and vent pipe well and it worked well for 2 days. Now it is not feeding properly again but it is a random event. Start the burn cycle fine as the firepot is loaded with pellets. Fire starts and then no more pellets even with call light on. Clearly the auger is not feeding pellets. I push the reset button and feed more pellets then the stove works fine. I have read every thread and there are a million suggestions. Vacuum, firepot gasket, thermocouple, control box. Can anyone provide an educated guess based on the type of behavior. I have no problem troubleshooting the stove but I want to attack this problem by addressing the most likely problem first. Appreciate everyone's thoughts and how to approach the myriad of potential fixes.

Sounds like your not reaching min firepot temp. Make sure the thermocouple is pushed all the way into the ceramic cover. Also might need to adjust the pellet feed with the slide inside the hopper, slide it up for more pellets. After you make the adjustment run the stove for 30min or so for the new setting to take effect.

1200i control box

Still working on resolution. I noticed tonight that the green and red lights were not working correctly on the control module. The green would not light or would flicker on and off. I pressed the module in and got both the lights to work which in turn started feeding pellets. Do you know how I can remove the control box so that I can inspect the connections which appear to be loose.

There should just be a strap of some sort holding it in, remove the strap and it should just pull out. I may be thinking of a different stove, but the connection it just a push in type connector, so they usually have a simple thing holding the box in place.

1200i troubleshooting

Think I have isolated the problem to the thermocouple as the green light would not come on this morning. Had to hit the reset to get the pellets going again after initial feed. Stove reached temp and red light came on followed by the green light. The light sequence is backwards so I suspect the thermocouple is not sensing the low temp 200 degrees and turning on the green light which in turn is not feeding pellets until the green light or red light is on the control panel. Does this logic work? Hoping it is not the 400 control box.

Actually I would lean the other way, most of the time if the thermocouple is working at all it's good(not always but most of the time). It is most likely the control box. I assume you made sure the TC is pushed all the way into the ceramic cover?

1200i control box

Process of elimination. I ordered a new thermocouple and cover and holder as the old thermo holder and screw is pretty bad. It was not holding the thermocouple so I used copper wire to secure it. Today I am not getting the green light until after the red and the stove is at temp. If the new thermcouple does not work then its a new $350 control board. I guess after 10 years it's not that bad. I run the pellet stove almost 6 months a year near non stop.

1200i control box

Darth you may be right. The green light on the control box is not behaving correctly. Does the green light come immediately when the stove starts feeding pellets or when the thermocouple senses 200 degree. Then the red comes on at 600 degrees. Should both lights be on at the same time when the stove is at normal operating temperature.

Thanks for all of your help

what box do you have? i assume its a grey solid color box. which is now obsolete, they have a semi clear box to replace it. On the old box's (solid grey) the green should come on at 200F and then the control box should turn on the auger and go into semi run mode, until temp reaches 600F at which point red light comes on, and stove goes into full run mode until T-stat is satisfied. I believe both lights stay on(i could be wrong) its been years since i have serviced a solid grey box. It is kinda odd to see green light after red, i have never seen that before. GL

New control box for 1200i

Darth I installed a new control box and my feed problem is resolved. I like the new control box with the one light for green and red and the flashing blue light that blinks every 10 seconds for the first minute. Looks like I do not need the thermocouple but I will keep it for future troubleshooting.

Thanks again for your help. I am slowly becoming a 1200i expert.

John

Np, glad its fixed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12