Thread: Geo help!!

Hybrid View

Geo help!!

I have a new 12 ton geo system installed. The water in was coming in way hot. The contractor who has been wonderful has been to the moon and back trying to find the problem. We found the issue... The well digging company has admitted that they hit a handful of caves and did not use any casing. The well company have decided to re-drill 12 new wells free of cost except for the hard cost of casing. My ? Is. Is there any other option out there than all new wells?
    Thanks for any help!!
    Phogan

The addition of a cooling tower put in parallel with ? pretty common actually....

Cooling Tower, Elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    The addition of a cooling tower put in parallel with ? pretty common actually....
    I got on this section to essentially ask the same question. /we are having the same problem here in west Tenn. Engineers say as long as units are running at proper heat of rejection that nothing is wrong but customers are livid that electric costs are going through roof. Quote" This was supposed to be more efficient than my old unit." Are there any of you Geo expert out there that can shed some light on this phenonema and possible solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by gourdhead View Post
    I got on this section to essentially ask the same question. /we are having the same problem here in west Tenn. Engineers say as long as units are running at proper heat of rejection that nothing is wrong but customers are livid that electric costs are going through roof. Quote" This was supposed to be more efficient than my old unit." Are there any of you Geo expert out there that can shed some light on this phenonema and possible solutions.
    The company I work with has a few Geo experts that have been doing this for 15+ years now. My roll is the control over the system, with that said....

Is what we have seen on occasion in primarily cooling predominate applications is the ground loop over a period of years ( a few I have seen in 3-5 years ) lose there ability to provide a lower loop temperature. Basically like heating up a brick oven, the bricks will retain their heat for a long time time even though the fire has been out.

I have seen leaving loop temps of 95-100

That's where the cooling tower piped in parallel comes into to play to ensure that it never goes above 80* and it also provides the ability to pre-condition a loop during off peak hours to essentially prevent the heat bank from occurring in the first place.

How hot?
    Never give up; Never surrender!

95-100 degrees in

What is a cooling tower?

Quote Originally Posted by phogan View Post
    What is a cooling tower?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooling_tower

i called WF about 98.7 degree water this summer (salisbury, MD) their answer? "oh yea, that'll happen....these things arent going to work that great when its hot like this. it'll get better when it cools down. we had one guy with 126 degree water. thats the highest this year" ...really? itll get better when the temp drops? no crap, thanks! apparently anywhere between 40-85 is "design temp" under normal operating conditions according to WFI.

so fed up with water source. no problems from my DX customers :/

The installer can go back and rerun his design on a program for the loops and set the max water in at 90 or even 85 degrees. This will add footage on the loop but will help on the heat rejection. Every manufacture has a program to do this or, like wrightsoft program, does all the manufactures. If they are willing to drill more holes for free, see how it will work on the program first. I sell hydron module and I will run the program and see what it says and let you know. It will be close to what yours should be