5 ton efficientcy loss running a 3/4 vapor line

I have a Lennox xc17 running on a 3/4inch 40foot run to coil. Lennox recommends at least 7/8 inch and the vapor connection at compressor is 1 1/8 inch.

How much efficientcy am I losing and will this shorten the life of the compressor.

Ty.

See my newer post.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

May be more than that, I just look at my mfg. site, with Ruud 3/4" is not even optional for 5-ton only 7/8" for suction is.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Perfect example of why im not a lennox dealer. To answer your question, it will work but you'll probaly go through compressors like toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacguru69 View Post
    Perfect example of why im not a lennox dealer. To answer your question, it will work but you'll probaly go through compressors like toilet paper.
    And why would that be?
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

With R 410 the losss will be minimal. Maybe 2-3 psig which is not that much on that gas. R-22 you may see 3% or more loss in efficiency. Your compressor will not care of the suction is a couple of pounds lower due to line loss.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Quote Originally Posted by Freezeking2000 View Post
    With R 410 the losss will be minimal. Maybe 2-3 psig which is not that much on that gas. R-22 you may see 3% or more loss in efficiency. Your compressor will not care of the suction is a couple of pounds lower due to line loss.
    And will have better oil return!
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

I'd say you'd have decreased capacity loss, not efficiency loss.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted