Fujitsu mini-ductless problems - help !!

Fujitsu mini-ductless problems - help !!

I'm having cooling problems with my Fujitsu a/c and heat pump unit, installed in June 2010. It worked FANTASTIC up until 7/23/11. Temp was mid 80s; I left it running (remote temp 64, fan high; a/c mode). Came home -- very nice and chilly. Worked ok thru the day. HOWEVER, from that point on it's as if the unit is not acknowledging I have it set on 64F (more like 70F). NOT flashing any codes inside.

Installer insists on electrician (at my expense) before he will do anything else. Also doesn't want to lose good rep with Fugitsu. That just seems rude to me, the customer.

Had another Fujitsu trained tech out. He DID find a bunch of cat hair "behind" the indoor unit and cleaned it out. He was on phone with Fujitsu and had gaguges on; claimed unit needed 6-8 oz of 410A and added it.

My unit STILL won't cool properly at all. This 2nd a/c tech tells me the unit is NOT supposed to provide drastic cooling. Well, why did it do that for 14 months?

Any tips/help? I paid $3500 on my senior income, plus a another $300 on service call and it just won't work. Could the remote be "bad"?

Model# AOU24RLXS
    Model# ASU24RLXS

Thank you in advance. I'm really desperate now.
    Last edited by CatFrenzy; 08-07-2011 at 07:19 AM. Reason: typo

Did you try changing the batteries in the remote?

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by CatFrenzy View Post
    I'm having cooling problems with my Fujitsu a/c and heat pump unit, installed in June 2010. It worked FANTASTIC up until 7/23/11. Temp was mid 80s; I left it running (remote temp 64, fan high; a/c mode). Came home -- very nice and chilly. Worked ok thru the day. HOWEVER, from that point on it's as if the unit is not acknowledging I have it set on 64F (more like 70F). NOT flashing any codes inside.

Installer insists on electrician (at my expense) before he will do anything else. Also doesn't want to lose good rep with Fugitsu. That just seems rude to me, the customer.

Had another Fujitsu trained tech out. He DID find a bunch of cat hair "behind" the indoor unit and cleaned it out. He was on phone with Fujitsu and had gaguges on; claimed unit needed 6-8 oz of 410A and added it.

My unit STILL won't cool properly at all. This 2nd a/c tech tells me the unit is NOT supposed to provide drastic cooling. Well, why did it do that for 14 months?

Any tips/help? I paid $3500 on my senior income, plus a another $300 on service call and it just won't work. Could the remote be "bad"?

Model# AOU24RLXS
    Model# ASU24RLXS

why does he want a electrician?

Does the unit beep when you press buttons on the remote? If so the remote is ok.

Yes, I've changed the remote batteries x 2 (always use Duracell).
    Also, done the "reset" on remote, and also switched On/Off the Circuit Breaker.

Remote: Sometimes when pressing either the Temp button or the Mode button, the remote shows the change but the unit doesn't beep.

Electrician: A few months ago, my overhead kitchen lights (flourescent tubes) would NOT come on when Fujitsu was running so I called contractor/installer. An electrician found one outlet with a loose wire behind the cover. Fixed but now doing it again.

OTHER QUESTION, please: Isn't this Fujitsu supposed to put out a great deal of cooling "all at once"? It always did that up til 7/23/11. My 2nd factory trained HVAC man claims no. But it always did from 6/2/10-7/23/11.

Thank you in advance.

Confused

Remote: Sometimes when pressing either the Temp button or the Mode button, the remote shows the change but the unit doesn't beep.

Electrician: A few months ago, my overhead kitchen lights (flourescent tubes) would NOT come on when Fujitsu was running so I called contractor/installer. An electrician found one outlet with a loose wire behind the cover. Fixed but now doing it again.

OTHER QUESTION, please: Isn't this Fujitsu supposed to put out a great deal of cooling "all at once"? It always did that up til 7/23/11. My 2nd factory trained HVAC man claims no. But it always did from 6/2/10-7/23/11.

Thank you in advance.
    i'm not there , but if you have a light not working or flickering, ONLY when the FUJITSU UNIT IS ON, there may be a cause/effect going on. again i'm not there,does your hvac guy say that there is a electrical problem and it's not the unit?

Thank you in advance.
    that unit needs to be installed on its own separate properly sized breaker, if tied on with other devices (especially lights) you could potentially get communication errors, I don’t know from your statement this is the case or not, but it sounds like it might be, and its simple to determine.

Fujitsu make a fantastic mini-split, but no it was never designed to provide large amounts of cooling, (64 deg room temp) the unit can be expected to provide a nice comfortable dry 72 deg during a large portion of the summer. Running other units down that low (64 deg) will damage them, the Fujitsu does have controls to back it off before damage is done, so go ahead, crank it down, but don’t be surprised if it doesn’t quite make it

Model# AOU24RLXS
    Model# ASU24RLXS

As far as the flickering light ,it could be the communication line I believe all mini splits recommend an (sjo)with a shield wire to avoid any communication interferences,read the manual and instuctions then ask questions if they cant answer them it time for a new contractor