+ Reply to Thread

Thread: strange lockout

Post Likes

strange lockout

I went to a call on complaint of high humidity and hot rooms.
    the systems were 2 Trane RAUCC504Bxxxxxx condensers. Controlled by summit.
    Summit showed that circuits 1 and 2 were locked out on both condensers. When I went to the condensers, the second stage compressors were locked out. First stage on each circuit was running. There was no way to pull up the alarms on the sumit software just the small info box on the graphic was the only mention of the alarm. There is another issue that I keep getting error messages that said certain modules could not be loaded. I powered down the condensers and restarted them. Checked my pressures and temps. Everything looked fine. Now this software was loaded onto a new computer 2 months ago. Could an installation error cause the lockout situation?

Post Likes
    Sounds like the programming and graphics for summit were never finished or the workstation wasn't set up very well.

What panel is on the RAUC's? Whichever it is, it should tell you what the diagnostic was.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Post Likes
    There is no panel.

Post Likes
    Oh, didn't realize these were condensing units, should've read the entire post.

I think Summit just has a hard-wired alarm contact in the RAUC's, so when the unit goes into alarm it closes a set of contacts and Summits picks it up. Your reset relay was probably tripped, install some tattle-tales or milli-amp fuses around the safeties.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Post Likes
    Can the summit lock out the condenser?

Post Likes
    RAUC's don't have a factory alarm point but we have rewired these to do that, Summit could be refrenced to the UPCM or MP581 whatever controller you are enabling this with or the local controller may be programmed to lock it out I would need a copy of your summit.mdb, graphics, and controlller programs to see what your looking at Mallron is probably correct that the reset relay locked it out so now you get to chase ghosts, get your 1/100 amp fuses and start putting them in paralell to your safties, I have also had a bad reset relay that would trip just from vibration. Good Luck.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in