Thread: Can I have My Condenser Installed Here?

Post Likes

Can I have My Condenser Installed Here?

I only have a couple of options of where to put my condenser, it's either right outside the picture window in my living room or here, up on the raised bed at the end of the retaining wall by the fence. The bed is 46 inches from the house to the face of the retaining wall. The condenser(5 ton) is 34 inches wide on the narrow side.

Here is what it looks like from the backyard;

Is there a code, performance or aesthetic issue to having it installed here?
    The window is in my garage. The sunroom is off of my kitchen and is usually too hot to use in the summer. The condenser will be A York CZH 2 stage and, hopefully, very quiet.

Post Likes
    Sure . I wouldn't think you would be violating any codes but always be sure your contractor knows this for a fact. Looks like enough clearance for optimal performance. I personally would need to build a platform on top of the raised bed and would face the service panel away from your deck for better access for future service work.
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

Post Likes

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by adamt View Post
    I only have a couple of options of where to put my condenser, it's either right outside the picture window in my living room or here, up on the raised bed at the end of the retaining wall by the fence. The bed is 46 inches from the house to the face of the retaining wall. The condenser(5 ton) is 34 inches wide on the narrow side.

Here is what it looks like from the backyard;

Is there a code, performance or aesthetic issue to having it installed here?
    The window is in my garage. The sunroom is off of my kitchen and is usually too hot to use in the summer. The condenser will be A York CZH 2 stage and, hopefully, very quiet.
    when in doubt, call your lacal building inspector!

Post Likes
    It looks as though the side yard may be wide enough to set the equipment on a pad on the other side of the pathway. Local codes spell out setbacks. I would get it away from the house if I had the choice.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    NEVER STOP LEARNING.

Post Likes
    Put it at the corner under the deck also have a ductless mini split installed in the sunroom

Post Likes
    Get some wall brackets and put it on the wall of the garage. Check with the local building inspector about your concerns. Typically the only concern is noise levels from the unit with respect to the next door neighbors.
    Never give up; Never surrender!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in