OK for heat pump compressor to be on side during unit relocation?

Relocating a 1 ton heat pump that someone placed on the roof of a house. Unit will be on its side for some time during the move to the ground. Can this hurt the compressor (laying on side?)? Refrigerant lines will be disconnected prior to move.

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by RayB4GT View Post
    Relocating a 1 ton heat pump that someone placed on the roof of a house. Unit will be on its side for some time during the move to the ground. Can this hurt the compressor (laying on side?)? Refrigerant lines will be disconnected prior to move.
    why don't you just put it on it's base, and stand upright?

Its already on its base and on the ridge of the roof. Can't keep on base and get it down without a crane. No plan to get or use one either.

No it won't hurt it. Pump it down, braze lines closed and move it. Set it back upright asap.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

`. .` .>(((>

`... `. .` .>(((>

.` .>(((>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Thanks Cooked. I appreciate the advice. Nice view you have there in Houston.

Actually. Transporting it on its side, can damage the internal mounting springs.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Actually. Transporting it on its side, can damage the internal mounting springs.
    Agreed.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Tipping it on it's side for a brief time with no jostling should not hurt it. Bouncing it around and fumbling down a ladder probably will. Why do you need to put it on it's side to take it down?
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM