Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MM#7 View Post
    what exactly is a plethora of factors mean?
    plethora= an excess of
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    plethora= an excess of
    college boy,hmmm!

college boy,hmmm!
    let me google that for ya!! I go to college, to work on the A/c and before I got married to pick up some of the finer dishes.
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    let me google that for ya!! I go to college, to work on the A/c and before I got married to pick up some of the finer dishes.
    seriously, i just never heard that word before, must be a carolina,kind of name! years ago they called soda, pop down south!

I need to improve my vernacular... I guess I'm in the right place
    Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

seriously, i just never heard that word before, must be a carolina,kind of name! years ago they called soda, pop down south!
    hell, I never heard it before now either.

My english composition class is sinking in
    Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    The laws of physics know no brand names.

Quote Originally Posted by jlbartley View Post
    I checked the temp of the air coming out of the ducts when the AC is running and it's around 64deg
    High humidity and high airflow can cause a 14 degree split (I assume they checked the charge). Was it 78 degrees inside when you read 64 degrees at the registers?

You have to remember thermal storage. You're trying to remove the heat from everything, your book case and books, furnishings... every solid, and liquid, not just the air..... that can take some time.

Hmm Underperforming somewhat

Quote Originally Posted by jlbartley View Post
    We have a newly built house that the AC is taking longer than I would expect to drop the temp 2 degrees. I'm wondering how long we should expect it to run under the conditions I've specified below. Any help would be really appreciated.

House specs:
    1950 sq ft new construction house, single story + basement
    R60 Ceiling insulation
    R19 - 2x6 walls
    \\

Scenario:
    The house temp was maintained at 78 deg from 4:00pm to 9:00pm. At approx 9:00 pm the thermostat kicked down to 76 deg.

The outside temp was 75 deg with the sun fully set but it was more humid
    than inside (not horribly) but enough that to sleep comfortably we wanted to keep the air on.

The AC ran for 120 min straight never shutting off, to drop the temp to 76 deg.

called our HVAC contractor and he said he checked everything out and it's running fine.

I'm just wondering what should be expected under these conditions. Thanks for any help you can give me. If you need any more info please let me know.
    I would expect ~ 80 minutes to cool down 2'F after 7 pm.

Delivered air flow ( @ air handler outlet) should be
    about 58'F when room is at 78'F.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    Delivered air flow ( @ air handler outlet) should be
    about 58'F when room is at 78'F.
    If humidity is in the low 40's

Quote Originally Posted by rickboggs View Post
    High humidity and high airflow can cause a 14 degree split (I assume they checked the charge). Was it 78 degrees inside when you read 64 degrees at the registers?

You have to remember thermal storage. You're trying to remove the heat from everything, your book case and books, furnishings... every solid, and liquid, not just the air..... that can take some time.
    Love that reason/excuse. It is kinda educational.
    May I use that one day with my customer? I don't wanna take away your originality

Quote Originally Posted by just_opinion View Post
    May I use that one day with my customer? I don't wanna take away your originality
    The statements he made was true. high humidity takes away from delta t. care to enlighten us about your method?
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

Quote Originally Posted by just_opinion View Post
    Well it's really kinda like the "Daily Range" on your Manual J.... and you can use it... it's not original.

The delta t? You can look it on any "Expanded Data" to see your temperature difference.
    Goodman 3 ton 13 SEER
    Outdoor Temp 75
    Indoor Temp 75 db/67 wb
    1425 CFM
    Delta 14
    1275 CFM
    Delta 15

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast