Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    it's cheaper mainly cause of the warranty, I can't back it but I have put a few in and have had sub par results, compared to the XR models. + wouldn't you rather have the extra 5 yr warranty on major components.

I don't reccomend anyone to buy the cheapest model of anybrand on any thing you buy, there are reason's it's cheaper, and usually if your like me it will bite you.

builders grade= built to be competitive with mass produced housing, where $7-800 per house over 40- 50 houses in a development = much better profits for the contractor, and with really no concern for the end owner.
    Thanks, that's another great perspective. But all the contractors I talk to so far saying that XB and XR is the same quality and especially because I am keeping the old Goodman furnace, that even more reason for me to get the XB. I am definitely want this for the long haul tho.

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    the XR13? Tha would be a 4TTR30XX. Same warranty as XR15, but less $.
    Actually, that's a very good suggestion, would the XR 13 be better than the XB13 but the same quality as XR 15....

Now I am a bit confuse.. was deciding on XB, now leaning toward XR, but XR 13 or 15... both same warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Gangawu View Post
    Thanks, that's another great perspective. But all the contractors I talk to so far saying that XB and XR is the same quality and especially because I am keeping the old Goodman furnace, that even more reason for me to get the XB. I am definitely want this for the long haul tho.

Actually, that's a very good suggestion, would the XR 13 be better than the XB13 but the same quality as XR 15....

Now I am a bit confuse.. was deciding on XB, now leaning toward XR, but XR 13 or 15... both same warranty
    I don't feel as they are the same quality, if you were to have 1 of ea. in front of you you could tell many differances
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

I don't feel as they are the same quality, if you were to have 1 of ea. in front of you you could tell many differances
    Thanks Southern Mech, you been very helpful, I think I am pretty sure I want to get the XR now, but if you were in my situation, would you get the XR13 or 15?

Thanks Southern Mech, you been very helpful, I think I am pretty sure I want to get the XR now, but if you were in my situation, would you get the XR13 or 15?
    if your not doing a full system the 13, matched furnace, coil and condenser the 15, if all steps were taken to get the full potential of efficiency from the system
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

if your not doing a full system the 13, matched furnace, coil and condenser the 15, if all steps were taken to get the full potential of efficiency from the system
    Thanks! I think I will go with that.

Thanks! I think I will go with that.
    good, now where can I send the bill for the consult? Yes, I am working on a new marketing scheme. the combination of HVAC and an Attorney.

You can send the bill over the internet haha jk.

But really, thanks everyone for all the advise, they all been extremely helpful!

And special thank you to you, Mr. Southern Mech for the awesome quick responds.

The XR13 is also rated at 74 or 75 db depending on size while the XB13 is rated at 78-80db. I only sell XR units many people complain about the XB quality and while the main components are the same I have seen much less problems with the XR just like southern mech said.

Thanks Skyheating! I am pretty confident on XR13 now.

If you stand along the assembly line, there is not just 1 model going by you. You could see a 5 ton XR heat pump, then a 2 ton XB A/C, etc. So they don't wait til Monday or Friday to make the XB. The compressors are the same, so is the coil. Usually don't find a sound deadener, not sure if XB uses a swept wing fan blade at all. But overall, it is just as good as an XR mechanically. You are saving money on warranty and sound level.

It seems like I am not getting any good quote on the XR13 either. They are quoting me near XR 15 or sometime higher!!! What the hell.

Decision decision.

If you go with the XR15 now, whenever that furnace craps out you get get an XV furnace and take advantage of some added efficiency from your AC.
    STOP being consumed with the price and consider who will provide you the best installation and after sale service. This is something that will be in your home for 15+ years...
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman View Post
    If you go with the XR15 now, whenever that furnace craps out you get get an XV furnace and take advantage of some added efficiency from your AC.
    STOP being consumed with the price and consider who will provide you the best installation and after sale service. This is something that will be in your home for 15+ years...
    Thanks, sometime I do lost sight to the small things. Thanks guys for all the help, it had made my decision much easier.

I think I found a great contractor, especially talking to few over the weekend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12