Jace to Reliable controls

So I have a Jace with 17 VAV controllers on the BACnet network. I've exported points from the VAV's to the Jace, and can see the Jace and the points over BACnet on the Reliable Controls system. If I open the object list on the Reliable system, I can see all the points and their correct values. However, if I pull any point onto a graphic, the values all appear as 0.0000.

Hoping someone has an idea of what's going on.

Thanks

Dallas

Are you in edit mode? In RC-Studio I've noticed that it won't generally start polling info until you save the System Group.

No, I've put it into live mode and it does keep refreshing... On the reliable system, they're also pulling in bacnet points from a johnsons system and the same issue is happening there...so I'm guessing it's a reliable thing

Have you checked the BACnet table with BACset? I recently had a MPC defualt all data reads as Subscribed COV and the Danfoss drive points I was trying to read did not support COV. Once these were changed to Read Property the data updated.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

OK, my understanding of the BACset table is that most of the reliable controllers have the BACset tables in them. If my jace is not connected to any Reliable controler, but over BACnet IP, what BACset table do I open?

Thanks

Just an extra bit of info, if I pull the point out onto a Bacnet system group (Graphic) the value shows correct, it's only if I pull it out onto a Reliable system group that it shows the 0.000...So I'm pretty sure you're correct, I'm just not too familiar with the Bacset table, as I'm not a Reliable Rep.

Thanks

OK, I think I've figured it out, I just need confirmation that I'm doing it correctly. After entering the device ID, and point instance, I have to assign that to a Variable on the reliable system?

If that's correct, I have about 200 points I need to bring over, do I really need to do this for every point, or is there a faster way?

thanks

Reliable Points

Could you describe your hardware/software in more detail?
    as I understand it, you have RC-Studio connected to an IP network connected to a JACE (who's product?) which in turn is connected to 17 VAV controllers (MACH-Air's?).

When you insert a point into the Reliable System Group (or graphic) that resides in a Reliable controller, if it is a BACnet point you must specify the deviceID and point type.

Example: BACnet deviceID = 35000, and you want AI-2 you would type the point as "35000AI2".

You shouldn't have to map to a variable in Reliable to work with the point. As soon as you add that point to the System Group, the BACnet table on the Reliable controller updates automatically.

There's an existing Reliable controls system consisting of multiple Globals, Mach1's, procoms and 700 VAV controls. I'm looking to add a Jace(Distech-Controls) which will have 17 ECB-VAV controllers on the BACnet network. I've exported all the points from the ECB-VAV controllers to the jace and discovered it in RC-Studio as well as all the points.

Problem is, when I pull out the points from the object list on to a graphic on the Reliable protocol, all the values display 0.000. However if I pull out the points from the object list on to a graphic on the BACnet protocol, all the points display correct. So I'm assuming it has to do with mapping the points from the BACnet to Reliable protocol.

Now i'm a Distech rep and not a Reliable rep, I'm not familliar with the BACset table, though I have been messing around with it. what I've manage to do is map a point in the BACset table to an empty variable on an ETHER-Link. I'm wondering if this is the correct way to do it and if there's a faster way, because I have 174 points to map over.

Thanks

Another question is what version of RC-Studio are you currently running?

To answer your question regarding importing 174 points, yes you will need to do this manually, whether drag-n'-drop or explicit point entry, there is no faster way to do it with Reliable that I am aware of.

I haven't played much with the BACNet tables, as I usually just added the BACnet reference in a Reliable controller system group, and it worked.

Just for your information, I was a Authorized Reliable Dealer for 6 years, and I also have a Reliable system in my house. (at my current employer, we also deal with Distech controls and have access to JACE product, so I should drag some hardware home and try this out....LOL)