Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm planning on getting the MVB96 Furnace (see original post) with the Comfort 10 (38TKB) A/C. The main question (see original post for other questions) is will the Comfort 10 utilize the de-humidification functions offered with the Infinity Control? Or do I need an Infinity A/C with Puron, 2 speed A/C?

You will get full dehumidify control w/ the quoted system. The two-stage a/c simply provides an additional stage of capacity that more closely matches mild day loads. Enjoy your new comfort system.

Thanks jrbenny!!
    Can you address any of my other questions in my first post? I see that you are a Carrier Tech Support, you are just the person I need.

Thanks Again!

Originally posted by switch7
    Hi HVAC Guru's,

Questions:

Is the infinity Control function (de-humidify, super de-humidify) functional having only the comfort 10 a/c instead of the Infinity a/c? If not, is there any other Carrier A/C besides going all the way with the Infinity 18 that will utilize the de-humidify option?

Does the cost of the unit justify any more than a 10 seer a/c living in Michigan?

Is my Lennox WB2-17 compatible to humidify with the furnace and Infinity Thermostat? Just a manual adjustment on the humidifier right now, no humidistat.

Is there a less costly thermidistat that will control my furnace, humidity (if possible with this blend of equiptment), without the options I may not use on the Infinity control?

Should I go with a full house surge protector? I just got my service panel updated and had a transfer switch added for a generator. Will I have any problems running the DC motor with the Generator (Generac 7500 watt) with/without a surge protector?

Sorry if my questions seem a little newbish, I'm just informed enough to understand some of this, but confused enough to go back to getting just a 80%, single stage furnace, 10 seer a/c, and my existing Honeywell Thermostat.

Thanks for any replies!

1. Yes, will de-hum by lower the speed of the blower and can overcool the area by 3 degrees. (The overcooling can be turned of on the Infinity control, so it only lowers the speed)
    2. Not sure on this one
    3. Most likley yes, depends on what type. If it is a bypass, it can be connected to the HUM and C terminals on the board. If it is a power type, you must use a 24 Volt Normolly Open Isolation Relay between the HUM and the board. If you dont, you can fry the furnace board/
    4. Carrier Thermidistat will also work without as many features.
    5. Sounds like a good idea to me

-York_Hvac

Thanks York_Hvac,
    I may look into the humidistat some more, don't need the zoning adjustments on the Infinity.

Just a couple more things I thought of.

What exactly does an OAT sensor do with this setup and should I have one installed?

Using my current Honeywell elect air filter, will the clean filter option work on the Infinity control?

Any more info and/or ideas on these questions is welcome!! This forum has been a great help already, I appreciate any and all input.

All of your original accessories will work with the Infinity control.

Yes, you will need to have the OAT installed. It comes with the Infinity control. It allows the control to adjust humidity setpoint in the winter. As the temperature drops, the humidity setpoint is lowered to prevent window condensation.

There are less costly control options, but for the small difference in price, you should stick with the Infinity UI. You won't be getting the one with zoning features. So, it will be a bit less in cost.

You should be happy with your 10 SEER selection. Unless you've got outrageous electric rates, it's hard to justify higher efficiencies in your market.

I've not seen much success with generators and modern gas furnaces. The electronic controls don't like the dirty voltage that is produced the lower end generators. I have not personally seen the Generac or an equivalent in use. So, they might perform better.

[Edited by jrbenny on 11-13-2005 at 07:55 AM]

Thanks jrbenny!
    Not only answers some of my questions, but the answers are the ones I wanted to hear.
    I am a little concerned about running the infinity with the generator. It is not a "top of the line" Honda. Is there any chance of frying anything with the furnace? Or anything I can do to protect the furnace? (besides not using it).

Thanks Again, keep the great advice comming!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12