Thread: Condensor unit

Hmm Condensor unit

I have noticed when my compressor kicks on I can hear it in my home. Itr sounds like a slamming thump. It has been like that since for as long as I can remember. The home is about six years old so the unit is only six years old. Is this something I should be concerned with. By the way it cools my house. Thank anyone who can shed some light on this.

I would make a visual inspection of the fan to make sure it's not hitting anything. If the sound you are hearing is coming from the compressor there is nothing that can be done about it except replaceing the compressor. And if it's only 6 years old it may still be under warranty.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tropea920 View Post
    I have noticed when my compressor kicks on I can hear it in my home. Itr sounds like a slamming thump. It has been like that since for as long as I can remember. The home is about six years old so the unit is only six years old. Is this something I should be concerned with. By the way it cools my house. Thank anyone who can shed some light on this.
    it's hard to say w/o actually seeing/hearing. i put a trane xe1000 2 ton unit it a ladies house 16 tears ago, and it was noisy from day one, right out of the box. almost like a loud mouth kid.