+ Reply to Thread

Thread: alerton ddc

Post Likes

alerton ddc

Trying to get a grasp on how alerton works.Have a job with envision 3.6 and i'm just tring to see how the controls are programmed,i open the ddc editor(dos based)and don't want to mess around in there without some documentation.Does anyone know if they publish a manual for it?

Post Likes
    First that has to be 2.6 I think the latest version is 3.0

Yes it uses the Dos editor, or Visio ( If Installed ) to program.

Post Likes
    Visual lgic is the programing tool. when you open DDC and select a file you will see a graphig flow chart and drag and drop coponents to your right. You can mess aroud as long as you don,t sent to device. As far as manuals go they are available on ASN. Alerton Support Network. As Matt said I don't know about v3.6.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Post Likes
    You are probably looking for this: http://www.scribd.com/doc/62602565/A...ACtalk-Systems

There are two ways of VLC programming. DOS-like DDC could be used for quick check and small corrections, but generally VisualLogic is a better choice.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the link,the job doesn't have visio installed so im left with the dos interface.Is it similar to tranes pcm edit?,i belive the programmer used one of the predefined programs that allerton provides but now it needs to be optimized.Thanks

Post Likes
    If you could not install Visio there, it would take a while to understand unfamiliar program with unfamiliar (and ancient) tool.
    DDC window shows one command at a time; there are no symbolic names like "Fan Stop", only BR-1, AV-2 etc.

Post Likes
    Thanks i'll get visio

Post Likes
    Depending on how old your Alerton controllers are, Visio may or may not be of much help to you. I'm not sure if they have changed it, but I remember the Gen 4 VLC's did not have enough flash memory to store all the architecture of the visual logic plug in. When you would upload the controller without the original Visio program on your computer, I would just give you a pile of blocks on the screen with no pretty lines or flow chart.

The old VLC DDC program is archaic at best, but if you have a good memory it isn't all that bad. Just get a scratch pad and a sharp pencil.

Post Likes
    It depends on how large the program is, and how the programmer chose to send it. If your code is not overly complex, it will all fit. But you really should just open the original. The original copy of software in visio form should reside on the server, with all the descriptions, geometric data, etc.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in