Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Properly piped feed with valve and drain for ease of checking bladder tank precharge.

System used to have a ball valve, repiped oil lines with proper valve, felt element in the first housing, rayon in the second

Nce work.

I like them barometric draft dampers.

I know nothing about boilers. But the job looks good and clean.

Did you custom make those brackets holding the filters on in the last picture?
    Get back to work.™

i like the boiler drain between the expansion tank and the shut off valve....we valve the tank where i work , but even with that its still a little messy.

Air scoop

Nice job, have you tried a spirovent instead of traditional air scoop. It works a lot better and also faster on initial air purge.

Is that black pipe and glavanized pipe toghter?
    Not what it use to be

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    I gotta ask, are you pumping into the scoop?
    I like the valves on the tank, I use a tee after the ball valve and take the tank off the side. Any crud then falls into the bottom of the tee. I put the sediment valve on the bottom of the tee.
    I put a ball valve after the fill valve, makes servicing easier.
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

Looks good but I hate having a return line on the oil pump. One line and a Tiger loop works so much better. Nice neat work

Originally posted by square2round
    I know nothing about boilers. But the job looks good and clean.

Did you custom make those brackets holding the filters on in the last picture?
    Yes I just make them out of some flat stock with a folding tool on site, they make the filters easy to service and I think have a real professional look.

[Edited by hvac-tech-lane on 11-13-2005 at 03:10 AM]

Re: Air scoop

Originally posted by the todd
    Nice job, have you tried a spirovent instead of traditional air scoop. It works a lot better and also faster on initial air purge.
    I've never installed a spirovent myself, I don't do very many boiler installs, this system is a monoflo tee system with fin tube convectors and the air cleared up very quickly only had to vent the radiators once. The HO is very satisfied.

Originally posted by itsamine
    Is that black pipe and glavanized pipe toghter?
    Yes, some of the pipe was from the previous boiler. Is there a problem using both types in a system? I've never heard that there would be a problem, but you've got me concerned.

Originally posted by rich pickering
    I gotta ask, are you pumping into the scoop?
    Yes I know this is not optimum but in this application it works fine, and is allowed for in the installation instructions.

I like the valves on the tank, I use a tee after the ball valve and take the tank off the side. Any crud then falls into the bottom of the tee. I put the sediment valve on the bottom of the tee.
    I put a ball valve after the fill valve, makes servicing easier.
    I like the idea of the tee do you then use a 90 to keep the tank inlet up or do you position the tank in a horizontal orientation?

There is a valve in the fill line just ahead of the fill assy, do you find it advantageous to have an additional one after it?

Originally posted by heaterman61
    Looks good but I hate having a return line on the oil pump. One line and a Tiger loop works so much better. Nice neat work
    Original installation was a 2 pipe so I kept it the same, besides tiger loops are added expense, and I have had them fail and leak, as far as working any better than a 2 pipe system I don't see where there is much advantage other than the oil being warmed some.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast