Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilly View Post
    Twilly says Lonnie thats not true or they would put low and high pressure cut outs on all units. The manufactures only seem to put the better stuff on high end units.
    thanks twilly, not trying to sell anything thats not good for them or their system. I've been told by many that they are a way to reduce start up amp draw thus reduce energy consumption and lower operating costs. dont work on commision and just trying to see what u think about them

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    I think if they need them, the mfr. would include it. Only exceptions might be on some low voltage situations. Seems like trying to sell something the customer can do without. Like these big companies who pay their techs on commission and they have to talk people into stuff to make a buck.
    hope u will still let me get my pro membership,are u in charge of that? sent in the email today how long should it take?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvZLJ...eature=related

Twilly says these seem to work well and Twilly has not heard anything bad and installs these quite frequently. Twilly doesn't like the word upsell. Twilly offers the customers solutions and lets the client decide based on the "facts"
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Quote Originally Posted by jrpsimivalley View Post
    hope u will still let me get my pro membership,are u in charge of that? sent in the email today how long should it take?
    Twilly isn't in charge, Robo is the head of the committee and if your credentials are in order you should be approved shortly. The membership committee consists of Twilly, Robo and Weber.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

our company offers options with no pressure, not sales ( not commision ).
    I like to record the initial amp draw w/o and w/ the '5*2*1 Compressor Saver' to verifie the reduced/lower amp draw (half usually).
    luck dan

Quote Originally Posted by MM#7 View Post
    curious how long have you used this product?
    I have used the 5-2-1 compressor saver this summer only. I only recommend this product to my customers and tell them it will help prolong the life of the compressor and keep the initial start up amp pike down.

Also recommend yearly tune up / system diagnosis to keep all potiential hazards at bay but do they NEED it every year ??? Do you need a oil change every 3K?
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

what do u think about installing hard start kits on systems with just dual run cap factory installed ....Dual caps are simply an "economy of scale" manufacturing cost issue. There is no electrical difference between a dual or two singles".... If u look at wiring diagrams on almost all spit systems they show a start assist in there but with an asterisk stating may be factory or field installed ....Yes, and for good reasion.... I've heard both sides "recips with txv on coil must have them" .....No they don't.... "hard starts save money on start up amp draw" ....In theory they can, but not always and if needed how much do you really save?... "hard start kits on scrolls is a waste of money" ...No, they aren't..... "hard starts on scrolls can damage compressor" .....Nope..."who told you that?"....What do u all think?
    You need to examine your motives. If sold as an assine "upsell" so you and the company can make money then shame on you. If sold as something necessary as you've determined by your necessary experience then go for it.

And guys, can anyone thoroughly explain how any "start asist kit" can save actually money and if you can prove it with a pencil then how much?. Putting a clamp-on meter on a hot leg aint gonna cut it.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

just wanted to get back to the top of the new posts list to get some replies

12. Do not double post or bump

Choose the correct category or section for your thread and put it in only one category forum. Also, if your thread has not received any new posts lately it will slide down the list, so be it. Do not post a reply just to bump it up the list.

Read our site rules.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I'm an old dude, my body is falling apart, pains all over and getting weaker by the day. In my early years, I would put a condenser on my back and walk it around the house for a change out or trim daily. Now that I'm old, I often wonder what condition I would be in if I had a start assist back in the day, you know, let someone help me tote that condenser.

Old Rheem 11 SEER super high efficiency AC call yesterday. Scroll with the external overload on top lol.
    No hard start, or 5-2-1.
    Unit was frozen, so yanked filter (dirty of course) and set unit to fan and pulled OD disconnect.
    Came back about 7pm last night and checked unit. It had thawed, had good pressures and the amp draw while running at outside ambient of 92, it was pulling 14.3A. Running amps should be 13.7A according to data plate.
    I was impressed.

Twilly says Lonnie thats not true or they would put low and high pressure cut outs on all units. The manufactures only seem to put the better stuff on high end units.
    Twilly is right on the money...it's all about the bottom line and how much money the companies making equipment can make.

I dug out the manual on my Lennox Merit series unit at my house. It shows "start assist *" and the asterick says "May Be Optional" in the install manual.

I know Goodman says "Units with reciprocating compressors and non-bleed TXV’s require a Hard Start Kit"...but they don't install one on the base model units.

I have hard starts on both my units at home...5-2-1's. I also suggest them to customers and about half will spend the money.
    Originally Posted by ladyfire3374:

"I used to wake up excited about the challenges of the day. Now the anticipation level is somewhere between a root canal and a colonoscopy."

Twilly isn't in charge, Robo is the head of the committee and if your credentials are in order you should be approved shortly. The membership committee consists of Twilly, Robo and Weber.
    oh, thats a mistake....you shouldn't let steve be in charge of much..hahahaha

I personally like the 5-2-1 compressor savers too been using them for a couple of year's they seem to work better and have less fail rate than others had a couple of the other brands blow up in my hand and the 5-2-1 is also good with a lot of manufactures and does not void warranties .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast