Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

adding hard start kit as upsell

what do u think about installing hard start kits on systems with just dual run cap factory installed. If u look at wiring diagrams on almost all spit systems they show a start assist in there but with an asterisk stating may be factory or field installed. I've heard both sides "recips with txv on coil must have them" " hard starts save money on start up amp draw" "hard start kits on scrolls is a waste of money" "hard starts on scrolls can damage compressor"
    What do u all think?

just wanted to get back to the top of the new posts list to get some replies

come on guys

I love the 5-2-1 compressor saver. It is a plus for every system. I didn't know that scroll compressors were damaged from hard starts...I try to sell the compressor savers to every customer. 80% buy it.
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

me too, I've been offering it when I find a tripped breaker,on top of a pm agreement of course. My thinking is that if the kit will lower initial amp draw it will help in not tripping breaker on hot days. course I do take my amp reading to make sure operating amps are norm on both comp and fan

Quote Originally Posted by luskys a/c View Post
    I love the 5-2-1 compressor saver. It is a plus for every system. I didn't know that scroll compressors were damaged from hard starts...I try to sell the compressor savers to every customer. 80% buy it.
    My Rheem 16 SEER a/c (JEZ series) has a scroll compressor and factory installed start assist.

Personally, I believe they are a waste of money. They are required in certain applications and have validity. If a breaker has tripped, its another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyrollin View Post
    Personally, I believe they are a waste of money. They are required in certain applications and have validity. If a breaker has tripped, its another issue.
    if all amp draws are normal and it bypassed the disconnect delay fuses, then what? These are one time trips not repeat offenders

Quote Originally Posted by ampulman View Post
    My Rheem 16 SEER a/c (JEZ series) has a scroll compressor and factory installed start assist.
    exactly the higher seer (more expensive) units come with them factory installed scroll or recip

jury is still out need more opinions guys

I think if they need them, the mfr. would include it. Only exceptions might be on some low voltage situations. Seems like trying to sell something the customer can do without. Like these big companies who pay their techs on commission and they have to talk people into stuff to make a buck.

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by luskys a/c View Post
    curious how long have you used this product?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    I think if they need them, the mfr. would include it. Only exceptions might be on some low voltage situations. Seems like trying to sell something the customer can do without. Like these big companies who pay their techs on commission and they have to talk people into stuff to make a buck.

Twilly says Lonnie thats not true or they would put low and high pressure cut outs on all units. The manufactures only seem to put the better stuff on high end units.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast