Question Cooling Compressor Pressure Sensors

I have an odd problem any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have a set of screw compressors that have suction and discharge ports on the lines with a PV09AV Veris (0-10V) pressure sensor.

The pressure sensors are setup properly and I have used them many times before. The sensors on the suction side read a negative voltage when the screw compressors activate.

Anyone have any thoughts on why this would happen, the sensors are 0-10 volts and should not output a negative voltage however when I metered them I read -1.5 volts. The common to the sensors are grounded to the building steel along with the copper refrigerant lines.

I would try floating the ground and taking a reading. Could easily be something coming from the grounding.

Wink Floating is best

Quote Originally Posted by snowbertca View Post
    I would try floating the ground and taking a reading. Could easily be something coming from the grounding.
    I have always floated ALL inputs. NEVER take to chassis or electrical ground.
    Thanks. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by JNorton View Post
    The sensors on the suction side read a negative voltage when the screw compressors activate.
    Are you able to read the actual pressure with it running? The pressure probably is in a negative/vacuum. I've seen several chillers run in a negative pressure on the suction side.
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein