+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FX 60 Time Sync Service

Post Likes

FX 60 Time Sync Service

I have two FX60 controllers and a PC on a subnet without internet access. The time clocks on these FX60s are too fast and speed up 1 hour in about a week. This is causing the scheduling to be off, and rooftops to go unocc earlier as time progresses.

I have requested internet access with the site owner to setup NTP service. I tried to do this from the XP workstation and didn't have any luck.

Has anyone setup the time sync service and got it to work? I would like to see a screenshot of your settings.

I called Johnson and they are aware of the problem and offered to RMA the controllers but the owner wants to go the NTP route if possible as these controllers are otherwise running perfectly.

Post Likes
    I'm not sure if they can sync their entire internal clocks via a BACnet time sync. But if they are, try the Time Sync Widget I put up here a while back.

Windows will let you launch a program on a schedule if you wish and it can be set to sync and then quit without intervention when launched.

Post Likes
    Do you have a link to the time sync Widget?

Post Likes
    This is an N2 site btw

Post Likes
    If it doesn't have the BACnet driver it will likely not receive a BACnet time sync.

The other thread is on this forum, just down a few posts.

Post Likes
    I've noticed that when I set the enable flag on the NTP properties page to true, the Jace wants to do a re-boot to accept the changes, OK, but when I go back to the properties page, the enable flag I have just set has reverted back to false. This happens near every time I use NTP (which is always nowadays). I set the flag back to true and then force a sync. All good!
    The NTP site I use is: 0.pool.ntp.org
    Good Luck!
    rad1
    RealEyes
    Realize
    RealLies!

Post Likes
    Contact your rep there was an issue 6-9 months ago with a batch of jaces that gain time usually after a month or so of run time. So far out of the ten I installed in Dec-2010 till March 2011 3 have went back. Tried to link to the server on one this fixed it for about a month again then it gained time faster.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in