Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: York & JCI

You keep that up and they will give you a corner office out in Milwaukee next to Dave Meyers oh did I say that.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

i just miss this guy.,

hes a PIMP.,

P eople I magine M e P impin

he does not wear hats.,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

This is from 2005 ,I am surprised anyone would be complaining ..if my company was 800 million in debt I would be wondering whats up and not surprised they were sold . what kind of managment gets you 800,000,000.00 in debt and its ok with the employees ?
    weather you work for or worked for either company how can you say anything was great when your 800mil in debt > just an observation . would any of you run your company like that ? at that debt amount was anyone running the company ?

MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN, and YORK, PENNSYLVANIA - Johnson Controls, Inc. (NYSE: JCI) and York International Corporation (NYSE: YRK) announced that Johnson Controls will acquire York, a global supplier of heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC&R) equipment and services.

York, with estimated sales of nearly $5 billion, will become part of the nearly $6 billion Controls Group of Johnson Controls. The combination of the Controls Group and York is expected to increase Johnson Controls rate of growth in the $200 billion industry for global building environments. Johnson Controls fiscal 2005 consolidated sales from continuing operations, including its automotive seating/interiors and battery businesses, are forecast at nearly $28 billion.

Under the definitive agreement unanimously approved by the Boards of Directors of both companies, Johnson Controls will acquire York in an all-cash transaction in which York shareholders will receive $56.50 for each outstanding share of York common stock. The total value of the acquisition is anticipated to be approximately $3.2 billion, including the assumption of approximately $800 million of York debt. Johnson Controls expects to finance the transaction with short and long-term borrowings.

The transaction is expected to be modestly accretive to Johnson Controls earnings per share in fiscal 2006. Over $275 million of annual synergies, primarily related to cost efficiencies and a lower effective tax rate, are anticipated to be achieved by 2008.

The combination of York, a leader in the manufacturing and service of heating and cooling equipment, with Johnson Controls, an industry leader in the technologies which control that equipment, is a natural and strategic growth opportunity.

As a result of the combination, Johnson Controls will:
    - Design and sell integrated controls and HVAC&R equipment;
    - Become the largest global provider to the high-margin building services market; and
    - Capitalize on significant opportunities to supply products and services to each other's
    customers.
    An air conditioning or refrigeration unit never signs a check for me! PEOPLE do that,and you should never allow yourself to forget that WE fix the problems of people,not machines.They are at the heart of our business,one way or another,and polishing the skills required to provide solid customer service will never be a waste of your time

This is from 2005 ,I am surprised anyone would be complaining ..if my company was 800 million in debt I would be wondering whats up and not surprised they were sold . what kind of managment gets you 800,000,000.00 in debt and its ok with the employees ?
    weather you work for or worked for either company how can you say anything was great when your 800mil in debt > just an observation . would any of you run your company like that ? at that debt amount was anyone running the company ?

News flash his name is Dave Meyers formerly York CEO now works for JCI duh !
    mud.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !

Quote Originally Posted by york56 View Post

News flash his name is Dave Meyers formerly York CEO now works for JCI duh !
    Lol the more chillers they give away around here I don't doubt they could be 800 more again.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by rednecktech View Post
    ...including the assumption of approximately $800 million of York debt...
    $800 million in corporate debt is not the same as $800 million in debt at home. did you buy anything today at a wholesale house? by definition, you are in debt. it does not mean that you (or York) was in financial trouble (it doesn't mean that they weren't either). when you have large corporations, they have a huge 'accounts receivables' (money owed to them) and a huge 'accounts payable' (money they owe)...hopefully, they balance each other out.
    How to make the perfect "Half-Hitch" knot or any other boyscout knot in 3 easy steps...

1. Remove your meter leads from the meter and very carefully return them to their storage case or bag.
    2. Wait 2 seconds
    3. Very carefully remove your meter leads from their storage place and enjoy your new knot!

Next time a bunch of pin heads decide to go golfing and make a decision which is going to affect hundreds of thousandsof people because your company owes 800 million in debt you just might be redneck !
    mud.

Lol :-)

So, how deep can a company be in debt and it still be OK with the employees? I worked for York for years before jci came along, and never once did I miss a paycheck or expense check, and we were never on credit hold at a supply house. All the while we were $800 million in the hole and going down the tubes (at least according to the "experts" at jci).

Then jci came along and saved all of us poor, lost, ignorant souls, and showed us how to stay out of debt. They always had plenty of money because even though I never missed a paycheck, there were field guys with thousands of dollars worth of back expenses that hadn't been paid, and we were on credit hold with every supply house within our district. Nobody would sell us so much as an air filter without a hard copy PO. So I guess if you still have all of your money, that means you're not actually in debt, huh?

Just as a side note, since I left jci and restarted my Dad's old business, we've had several months that I had $30 to $40 thousand dollars in accounts payable because we had that much work going on, and there's only 2 of us and a part-time bookkeeper. So how does that compare percentage wise to being $800 million in debt with around 6 thousand employees worldwide?The way I calculate it, they're exactly the same. HEAVENS TO BETSY!!! I'm going under!!!! Whatever will I do??!!??

Or is it simply that you don't know as much about how business is conducted as you think you do, which is one of the basic problems at jci?

then if yall are so glad to be gone then why are you being a smart ass ? That is a bit confusing ?? I have worked for companies that were great but i did not like how they ran things , did that make them bad or make me run my mouth about them after i left ? NO should I ??? They obviously know how they need to run their business to stay in business so who am i to HATE ? Heck if it was you with 140k employees and stockholders and the bottom line and worth Tons ,you may run it the same way . obviously weather its JCI or some 30million dollar mom and pop residential company in buisness and growing for 120 years ....they must kinda know what they are doing weather you like it or not lol I cant fault results and success and longevity of buisness ,even if its at the result of pissing off a few people . Godspeed
    An air conditioning or refrigeration unit never signs a check for me! PEOPLE do that,and you should never allow yourself to forget that WE fix the problems of people,not machines.They are at the heart of our business,one way or another,and polishing the skills required to provide solid customer service will never be a waste of your time

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    ...HEAVENS TO BETSY!!! I'm going under!!!! Whatever will I do??!!??...
    he's goin' down! we need a telethon!
    How to make the perfect "Half-Hitch" knot or any other boyscout knot in 3 easy steps...

1. Remove your meter leads from the meter and very carefully return them to their storage case or bag.
    2. Wait 2 seconds
    3. Very carefully remove your meter leads from their storage place and enjoy your new knot!

Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    he's goin' down! we need a telethon!
    There's a joke in there somewhere about Klove and Jerry's kids, BUT, my stepson has a learning disability. My responsible side wants to kick my giggling side's @ss. ( bad dog-me)

then if yall are so glad to be gone then why are you being a smart ass ? That is a bit confusing ?? I have worked for companies that were great but i did not like how they ran things , did that make them bad or make me run my mouth about them after i left ? NO should I ??? They obviously know how they need to run their business to stay in business so who am i to HATE ? Heck if it was you with 140k employees and stockholders and the bottom line and worth Tons ,you may run it the same way . obviously weather its JCI or some 30million dollar mom and pop residential company in buisness and growing for 120 years ....they must kinda know what they are doing weather you like it or not lol I cant fault results and success and longevity of buisness ,even if its at the result of pissing off a few people . Godspeed
    Got news for ya', red - you're the one that came on here spoutin' off about numbers in a way that proved that you don't have a clue about how to run a business. All I did was educate you on how to figure percentages. How does you not being able to figure debt percentage make me a smartass?

I'm not glad to be gone from York, but I would never have gone to work for jci in the first place. Some of us were bought and sold as pawns in a game, and it wasn't a game to us, nor was it by choice. I sweated blood for a company for many years only to have someone come along and say that the name that I worked under wasn't good enough so we'll give you ours - you should be proud. Myself and others earned the right to voice our opinions about what happened. If you have an issue with my opinion, then don't listen. And stop acting like my (our) opinion of jci is a personal attack against you, unless you're one of the ones that had something to do with the aforementioned activities, in which case it is.......

(And it's "whether")

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast