+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: York & JCI

Post Likes
    Not the first time that York has been bought out. I believe JCI is the third buyer. JCI has been looking to buy a chiller manufacture for a number of years now. York was the cheapest well know name that has a decent product line.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by megohm View Post
    The corporate JCI charges it branches interrest on parts and if the job is not complete within a certian time the whip as they call it eats all of the margin and you have to hear about it continuously, the nexgen craze also is a big flop that has costed the company a load, the big joke is that they have raised all of their labor rates in an area where competition is very fierce and have not listened to the local brances. I feel that eventully they will turn into a start up and warranty entity that will only have accounts by default. Very frustrating working for these jerks. I wish and so dose everyone want to return to the York days. JCI has a reputation of destroying companies it is just taking them longer with this one due to its size.
    Sounds just like another big company I know of.

Post Likes
    I am extremely proud to have had the good fortune of working for YORK. I am extremely HAPPY I no longer work for johnson controls.(12 large tonnage mechanics in 14 months now gone)

Post Likes
    Will the last person out of the JCI system please turn out the lights!
    A LITTLE BIT OF STUPID GOES A LONG WAY!

Post Likes
    I was With York for 5 years, and stuck around for the past 3 or so years JCI has owned them, could not stand it any longer. Most inept company I have ever seen. They want to take an assembly line mentality (which is what they are good at) and apply it to service. It does not fly. 50% of our customers left, 50% of our techs left. All that is left there now are people who can't go anywhere else or are so close to retirement they don't care. I stuck it out because I told myself I would make it to 10 years. It was that bad I had to get out with only 8 under my belt. I picked up a job with the local Trane franchise here and am loving life.

Post Likes
    Just curious, did they try to sue you for intellectual property theft,computer theft, or non-compete agreement?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sargent york View Post
    Just curious, did they try to sue you for intellectual property theft,computer theft, or non-compete agreement?
    None of that here thank God. They had so many people go if they pulled something like that they would lose any chance of getting new people unless they went non union.

Post Likes
    I hear they have Law Firm in Detroit Area that specializes in pursueing York mechanics along the east coast. Some guys say UA defends them some say they do not. If you been gone for a while they maybe will leave you alone.

Post Likes
    In the end when these SOBs are telling me to stay home so they can make their numbers.........Well that just about says it all. I am a married man with two young children. I wake up and go to work every day because it is ingrained in me. I grew up on a dairy farm in PA in a time when it was not good to be a farmer.When i was 14 i was milking the neighbors cows in the morning before school,keeping my grades up,milking and feeding our cows after school,(because dad had to go outside the farm to put food on the table)via a swing shift job at the local textile factory. When I became a York mechanic it was a title that carried honor and integrity. This was a job that I could incorporate my life skills and work ethic.Because of their business strategy,I am PROUD to say i no longer work for jci given the fact I was told by the people in charge they do not owe any body a 40 hour week. I now work for the competition, and I love it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by largetonnage View Post
    ...When I became a York mechanic it was a title that carried honor and integrity...
    Becoming a York (or any other brand for that matter) mechanic did not give you honor and integrity...that is because of you...and you can carry that with you no matter where you go.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    Becoming a York (or any other brand for that matter) mechanic did not give you honor and integrity...that is because of you...and you can carry that with you no matter where you go.
    You sound like Tom Cruise on " A Few Good Men".

I can attest to the fact that you have to be careful who you use as role models if you want to keep the integrity that you have......

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    You sound like Tom Cruise on " A Few Good Men".

I can attest to the fact that you have to be careful who you use as role models if you want to keep the integrity that you have......
    i look more like Kevin Pollak than Tom Cruise!

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    i got my picture taken today and it was sent to me. so here is what i look like.

Post Likes
    Were you in Goodfellas ?
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    i got my picture taken today and it was sent to me. so here is what i look like.
    You look a lot smarter than I had you pictured in my mind.........

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by york56 View Post
    Were you in Goodfellas ?
    yeah, i was the tall one. here is a picture of a friend of mine from that other movie!

Post Likes
    here is where i went on vacation this past summer.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    You look a lot smarter than I had you pictured in my mind.........
    i AM a lot more pictured in my look than you are mind in my smarter!

Post Likes
    You keep that up and they will give you a corner office out in Milwaukee next to Dave Meyers oh did I say that.
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    i just miss this guy.,

hes a PIMP.,

P eople I magine M e P impin

he does not wear hats.,
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in