Thread: Yellow Flames

Question Yellow Flames

Have A Bakers Pride counter top oven, Mod # GP61
    Problem high large yellow flames.....
    Was full of soot becuse they have been using it. took buner assembly and buner out and clean out in side and out
    fired back up and firesup nice and quick but has those large flames going back tomorrow to check gas presure just wondering if any body may have some other ideas before i head out.
    I did adjust the air mixier that just a head of bunner but did not react to more air or less, which i found alittle odd.

Propane or Natural? Propane could mean low pressure, inadequate line size, Natural gas unit needing to be converted. Venturi adjustment could also be off. Could use more info.

Gas pressure 3.5 wc it is Nat-gas, air mixture has no effect.

Poor air to gas ratio (not enough air mixed with gas for complete combustion of fuel)
    Dirt, rust, dust,grease, (any obstruction that has restricted the venturi section of your burner where air and gas are mixed as it is passing through your burners. Look down the venturi with a flash light for grease or soot build up.

How did you clean it? Sometimes you need to get in with a brush or blow it out with CO2. Somehow you need to get more air mixed in with the gas.

Tiny Spiders like to build webs in the tubes and sometimes in the orifice, look real close and you may find 1.

Quote Originally Posted by flozoya View Post
    I did adjust the air mixier that just a head of bunner but did not react to more air or less, which i found alittle odd.
    I think you answered your own question
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

Fryer flames yellow and lots of carbon

Question about fryer flames. If the valve has not been changed from NAT to LP? Will a Nat gas valve give off yellow flames if LP is ran through it?

yes

Thank you

Thank you.

Prolly need to convert the valve to LP gas, Walt. Usually just a different regulator spring kit.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

these dog gone yellow flames again.

Ok I have changed the nat gas valve to LP and the orifices are the correct size. ( i know this due to the fact that the fryers next to this one are burning just fine. But when i replace the yellow fryers orifices with the blue fryers .It is still yellow)
    The air collars don't seem to have an effect on the flames. Is there any adjustment or vent on the 541006 RS safety valve other then the pilot. Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by flozoya View Post
    Have A Bakers Pride counter top oven, Mod # GP61
    Problem high large yellow flames.....
    Was full of soot becuse they have been using it. took buner assembly and buner out and clean out in side and out
    fired back up and firesup nice and quick but has those large flames going back tomorrow to check gas presure just wondering if any body may have some other ideas before i head out.
    Are the flames lazy and lifting off of the burner?

Waltc, you need to start your own thread. This one is about an oven.