+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital pocket thermometer

Post Likes

Digital pocket thermometer

I am looking to buy a good digital pocket thermometer. Does anyone have advice on who makes a good qaulity one?

Post Likes
    field piece switch blade style

Post Likes
    Im not the biggest fan of UEI,but I figure they cant mess this up. I really like the big numbers,easy to read.

Post Likes
    I have the square UEI, I think, with the rubber and magnetic back.

It has a 3 year warranty, min/max and the magnet is great!!

Got it a Johnstone Supply.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Thank you for your input. I will research those brands.

Post Likes
    Do you guys think the infrared thermometers are better than the digital pocket thermometers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GSC View Post
    Do you guys think the infrared thermometers are better than the digital pocket thermometers.
    Infrared only read surface temps..will not read true Temp of airflow. If measuring pipe temps the Infra red can be thrown off by the reflectivity..i e if its shinny it wont read correctly.

Each tool has its place..i have several different types of temp reading devices and use them accordingly to the need.

Post Likes
    The cooper is much faster then the others. The tip is very thin. This is all I buy now. There is also some warranty for accuracy. You'll have to look into that.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    I have both the Copper mentioned and the switch blade style from Field Piece and I prefer the FP even though the Cooper is only slightly faster due to the thin tip.
    You're Only As Good As Your Last Service Call or Install.....Make it Count!

Post Likes
    Don't use them. Dont trust them.

Post Likes
    try this maybe its what you looking for...

Post Likes
    I have the Fieldpiece switchblade.

Pros:
    Lockable probe position, blade folds in meaning no clumsy cap to deal with, accurate from my limited use and comparisons, long enough probe to poke through with, great size. Excellent for zoned readings in odd or hard to reach areas.

Cons:
    Small lcd ( not a big issue for me ) & takes a bit to adjust between various temps ie: ambient on a hot day to evap temp.

I have this more as a quick reference spot check rather than my go to temp gauge, I'd trust it more than a IR though.

Post Likes
    I use the Taylor 9842 thermometer and when placed in ice water it read 32*F exactly, comes with a convenient pen style case.

http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-9842-Co.../dp/B00009WE45

EPA 608 certified: Universal

Post Likes

Smile

I am using Marsh Bellofram digital pocket thermometer. It is very durable because of its small size and it has 3.5 digit display, 5" stem, -58 to 302 °F / -50 to 150°C...

Post Likes
    I was looking at the Taylor's the other day and they seem pretty decent. I'm also considering the Cooper Atkins or Fieldpiece.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GSC View Post
    I was looking at the Taylor's the other day and they seem pretty decent. I'm also considering the Cooper Atkins or Fieldpiece.
    I think the Taylor's are decent plus you can pick one up at Meijer. I saw one for 9.99 and another one for 14.99.

Post Likes
    I stopped at R E Michel Company and picked up a fieldpiece. It was only 16 bucks.

Post Likes
    Picked up a UEI PDT650 the other day seems to work well and has a nice magnet and folding probe. I compared duct temps with a coworker and matched up, I'll be doing the ice water test soon, did on my meter but hadn't thought about it with this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in