I have a duel fuel set up and last night it got below the balance point of 35 degrees and kicked on the gas. I also noticed that the heat pump was also kicking on at the same time. (I've switched to Aux heat for now so i have heat and don't damage the HP) My system is set up with the Vision pro controlling the heat pump as heat and the furnace as aux heat. Ichecked the programing and know the lock out is set up for the heat pump but it doesn’t lock it out. Any ideas what could cause this?

When initially installed and tested the HP would fire on Test 3 # 1 – stage 1 heat on and the Furnace would fire on Test 4 # 1 – emergency heat on

Now when I run the system test it is firing on Test 3 # 1 and Test 4 # 1

Follow the advanced programming instructions for setting up the VP as dual fuel and using it as the interface.

I have it all set up but it is acting real strange. Its been working fine all week with the HP but it wasn't until last night that the temp went below the Balance point that the problem occurred. This morning it was firing both at the same time. I evenly shut the whole thing down and turned the HP off at the breaker. The original VP tests verified the HP fired first and the Furnace fired the aux second. Now when I ran through the tests this morning it would fire the HP and the Furnace when it called for heat. Now after shutting everything down the HP is back to firing first by it self and the furnace is back to firing as the aux. I went through the test again and it all tested correctly.

The only difference I can see from this morning to now is the temp being recorded by the outside probe back above the balance point.

It sounds like it's programmed incorrectly. Call your installer back.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Originally posted by wango
    I have a duel fuel set up and last night it got below the balance point of 35 degrees and kicked on the gas. I also noticed that the heat pump was also kicking on at the same time. (I've switched to Aux heat for now so i have heat and don't damage the HP) My system is set up with the Vision pro controlling the heat pump as heat and the furnace as aux heat. Ichecked the programing and know the lock out is set up for the heat pump but it doesn’t lock it out. Any ideas what could cause this?
    Try setting the t-stat for emergency heat, see if the HP runs. If so you have a wiring problem.

On programming: set up # 170 you need Opt 12, Set up #200 you need opt 1 Set up #210 you need opt 0.