Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trane 410A

Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Thanks for what? My description of the how the unit should be wired is not something a HO should be doing. And it's not done a stat anyways! But, you could ask your installer if they wired the unit according to the outdoor unit wiring diagram.
    Thanks for the info. is what I meant. When the AC guy comes out again I'm going to have them check these things out. We would not touch any wiring or anything that a homeowner shouldn't be messing with.

Did you check to see if the indoor blower switches to low speed in stage 1 and hi speed in stage 2 yet?

Doing that now

As per the AOP Rules only Professional Members * can reply with advice to the OP. Anyone may post and ask questions. They may even question the * member answer but not give advice or expand on the advice given. Please read these rules for a complete understanding. AOP Rules

For those in our industry who wish to become a Professional Member, please click here and follow the instructions. Apply for Professional Membership
    This is our wiring, popped off thermo. to take a peak:

Red wire = R
    White wire = O
    Yellow wire = Y1
    Blue wire = Y2
    Green Wire = G

Note B, C, E/W1, W2, and L are not wired
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-09-2011 at 05:19 AM. Reason: quote

Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    Did you check to see if the indoor blower switches to low speed in stage 1 and hi speed in stage 2 yet?
    This is a hard one for me to figure out. If you mean does it blow harder out of the vents I can't tell any difference and off course I have no indicator on the Therm. if it's in Stage 2 so I can't tell you if it blow harder in stage 2 when I don't know if its in Stage 2. And how cold the air blow out of the vents only changes by a few degrees. Right now the temp. was at 80 just turned it down to 76 and it's blow out of the vents at 59

Quote Originally Posted by dunkman View Post
    The 16i can be confusing to wire. Seems like our guys struggle with it. After a few dozen I can do it with 1 hand tied behind my back now.

We usually use the Trane model 402 stats. I like using the BK output feature with the 2 stage systems. THey also show stage 1, stage 2 on the screen.
    It would have been nice to get the Trane Thermostat. I'm sick of trying to figure out if it's in Stage 1 or 2. I'm going to request a Trane Thermo. we were suppose to get it anyways in order to qualify for the Trane rebate.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona1993 View Post
    This is our wiring, popped off thermo. to take a peak:

Red wire = R
    White wire = O
    Yellow wire = Y1
    Blue wire = Y2
    Green Wire = G

Note B, C, E/W1, W2, and L are not wired
    That maybe right. If it'll heat?

Not a Trane requirement

I've never heard of insulating the liquid line when it runs through the attic. I'm in Texas and most air handlers are in the attic. I've been an HVAC tech for 25 years and have never seen that before. I just pulled the installation instructions for this unit off of e-Library and it doesn't mention that anywhere. I don't doubt you, but I'm interested in seeing where Trane recommends that. Can you post the literature number? Is that something new thats required on the 2 stage or R410A units? I'm a chiller tech so I don't work on much residential units anymore.

Thats a nice looking install by the way.
    Right you are 123. The insulated liquid line "Preferred installation practise" came from a 410a training class by Mike Prokup. It is also mentioned in the Trane "Service Guide" Pub#034-3458-01. It can be found on page F10. I had adopted it as a minimum spec and it became a standard for us. I cannot find it mentioned in any "installers guides" anywhere. Thanks for the compliment on our install.

Anyway 7'of lineset in an attic should'nt gain that much heat.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    Comfort is my goal
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

That maybe right. If it'll heat?

We haven't used the heat since the unit has been installed.

I finally got a change to talk with Braeburn (Thermostat maker) and he told me the thermostat I have (5200) will have "AUX" on the screen when Stage 2 is engaged. He said I can force it into stage 2 by simply putting the temp. down more than 2 degrees than what the thermostat currently reads as there is a 2 degree differential set in the settings before stage 2 will kick in. He said in 107 in Phx. the heat pump should certainly be running in stage 2 at times. Time to call our AC Installer AGAIN.

You'll have a real tough time telling the difference between 1st & 2nd stage fan speed. If it's wired right at the airhandler, your braeburn setup will give you 80% fan speed on on stage 1 and 100% on stage 2.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkman View Post
    You'll have a real tough time telling the difference between 1st & 2nd stage fan speed. If it's wired right at the airhandler, your braeburn setup will give you 80% fan speed on on stage 1 and 100% on stage 2.
    Thank you for the info. We are having the owner of the AC installer company which is who I met with and sold me the 2 stage system come out later in the week to get to the bottom of this 1st and 2nd stage system. I like this info. being passed onto me so I can ask him these questions, I'm going to ask him to check the wiring on the air handler.

trane has there new thermostat out now. I have installed three of them so far.

Its the trane xl950. I love this thermostat so far. However its expensive but awsome!

This thermostat will tell you what stage its running in!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast