Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trane 410A

Im not saying you don't have other problems, but it's normal for a 2 stage system to run continuously during hot weather.

If that is the case and it kept the house cool during the day I would be OK with that, but I can't get it cooler than 79-80 upstairs when it's over 102 outside or downstairs for that matter. I will drop the temps. down to 77 tomorrow and see if it ever reaches 77 in house. My 1993 R22 carrier kept the upstairs extremely cold until it finally crapped out this year. Actually both 1993 units kept the house very extremely comfortable with temps up the 115.

Go ahead and drop the temp to 75 on both units in the morning, see how cold it gets, and report back tomorrow evening.

Yep, set both stats to 75 or lower in the morning, and see if they can drop and maintain temp for the day.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Get a thermometer and read suply air temp from the ahu. Second stage should read lower than first stage. Simulate first stace from the termostat. then simulate second stege at the termostat. You should notice about 5 degrees less with second stage on.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Will drop the temps today

OK will do that and see what happens.

Go ahead and drop the temps now before it gets hot. Don't turn the stats up during the heat of the day.

OK, they are both set at 75 and it's 88 out right now. High today is 105.

Quote Originally Posted by ckartson View Post
    Get a thermometer and read suply air temp from the ahu. Second stage should read lower than first stage. Simulate first stace from the termostat. then simulate second stege at the termostat. You should notice about 5 degrees less with second stage on.
    When I dropped the temp to 75 from 78, air supply blowing at 62 to maintain 78 and blew out cooler at 56-57 to bring it down to 75. However the true test is when its hot outside over 100 that is when it doesn't seem to keep the house cool and it blows out 68 and up. I'm leaving the thermostats at 75(a first) all day as I'll be home and see what it does this afternoon when it gets 105. It's 88 out right now in Phoenix so it's easier to keep the temp at 75 in the house. Our house has good insulation especially in the attic.

Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    Go ahead and drop the temps now before it gets hot. Don't turn the stats up during the heat of the day.

94 outside and we have a little than higher normal humidity today for hx. 40% right now. The Thermo. are holding at 75. We'll see how they do in the afternoon when it's over 100. (11:00 am)

Smile

Time to downsize from that Mc Mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    Time to downsize from that Mc Mansion.
    If you mean our house size, hey it took 20 years to buy this house size

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast