Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trane 410A

What a terrible place to put an Air handler. Stupid builders! 24" of head room.

If the stats set on 78 and the units running in low stage maintaining set-point. What's the problem?

The company has been around for years however the Installer was fairly young. Owner said he put a lot of these units in as I was going with the XL15i and he steered me towards the XL16i. Can the Air Handler he installed Trane Model 4TEE3F39A1000AA lay on it's side? We had to switch air handlers as the one he first tried to installed wouldn't fit through the hole to the attic that was Model 4TEE3C04A1?

We can thank T.W. Lewis larger builder in AZ for the head room.

That is the issue the unit runs all the time shuts off for 2 minutes and turns on again for a long time shuts off for 2 minutes and runs for a long time .... I have no idea what stage it's running in as I wasn't given a thermostat that tells me what stage it's running in. How is one suppose to know what the heck the stage it's running it without an indicator for the homeowner.

Are you saying you set the stat at 78 and the unit runs all day and wont cool below 78?

1993 Carrier

By the way attached are photos of the original air handler, it was smaller than the 2011 Variable Speed Air Handler.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I wish i could tell you more. But, this is the AOP section and i don't have a little * next to my user name. So we can't say much or give advice. General comments are allowed though.

Yes that is what I'm saying. That is what started this whole thing the units run all the time with a 2 minute or so break and on again.

What happens if you lower the setpoint to 76? Does the temperature reach 76?

I would be surprised if it would go that low but I will test it. During the day at 110 I don't think it will go that low. When it's hotter outside it starts to run warmer out of the vents (67-70) the XL16 unit not the downstairs unit, so I doubt it could get to a temp. set point of 76.

Now that we are under 100 out tonight it probably would go down to 77 or 76 but not during the day when it's over 100 out

On a 2 stage system, with the ambiant temp as hot as it is, its normal for the system to run continuously. When the inside temp approaches setpoint, the system will switch to low speed. The system will run continuously on low speed until the inside temp increases above setpoint then it will switch to high speed. The t-stat will cycle the system between low and high speed to maintain setpoint or it may run most of the time in low speed and cycle off when setpoint is satisfied and start up again shortly thereafter.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast